[LincolnTalk] trick-or-treating

Cathie B
Hi - We're new to Lincoln, and I'm wondering how trick-or-treating is handled here.  We live on a particularly windy part of Tower road, and it may not be so safe to walk at dusk near our house.  Are there particular streets or neighborhoods that attract a lot of kids?  Are there designated hours for trick-or-treating?

Thanks!
Cathie

Re: [LincolnTalk] trick-or-treating

August (Gus) Muench
Hi Cathie!

This will be third halloween here, but hopefully this year it will actually happen without an ice/superstorm! We try our neighborhood, which consists of two cul de sacs, but then go to the old farm/grasshopper ln/blueberry ln loop off lexington road. They seem to really get into it, while our neighborhood only has a few kids and it's really dark (esp as it will be a new moon).

The first year we went out (a few days delayed due to the ice storm) we found home where the owners have literally been waiting for years and years but no one ever comes by.

 -  gus

On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 8:48 AM, Hans & Cathie Bitter <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi - We're new to Lincoln, and I'm wondering how trick-or-treating is handled here.  We live on a particularly windy part of Tower road, and it may not be so safe to walk at dusk near our house.  Are there particular streets or neighborhoods that attract a lot of kids?  Are there designated hours for trick-or-treating?

Thanks!
Cathie

August (Gus) Muench
[hidden email]
@augustmuench

Re: [LincolnTalk] trick-or-treating

Lido Bigelow
I am from the Blueberry/Old Farm/Grasshopper neighborhood and I say COME!!  The more the merrier!  It is dark so bring flashlights.  Many people park at the beginning of the neighborhood and then walk the loop.  I'd say our first trick or treater comes between 5:30 and 6:00 and usually ends by 8.  It is a great neighborhood for young kids.

Katie
On Oct 22, 2013, at 8:48 AM, Hans & Cathie Bitter <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi - We're new to Lincoln, and I'm wondering how trick-or-treating is handled here.  We live on a particularly windy part of Tower road, and it may not be so safe to walk at dusk near our house.  Are there particular streets or neighborhoods that attract a lot of kids?  Are there designated hours for trick-or-treating?
>
> Thanks!
> Cathie

Re: [LincolnTalk] trick-or-treating

Stacey Mulroy
Hi All,

Parks & Recreation is hosting a Trunk-or-Treat on October 30!! (This is not to replace Halloween, just an opportunity for the kids to wear their costumes again....and load up on candy!!)  Attached is a flyer with some details on the event.  Basically, people can register their cars and decorate them.  Then the kids trick-or-treat from car to car.  We hope to get a bunch of cars registered by this weekend! (Tons of decorating ideas on www.youtube.com)

Questions?  Call me at 781-259-0784 or email [hidden email]

Thanks!
Stacey

Stacey Mulroy
Lincoln Parks & Recreation Department
Assistant Director
(781) 259-0784
www.lincolnrec.com

On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 1:16 PM, Kathryn Bigelow <[hidden email]> wrote:
I am from the Blueberry/Old Farm/Grasshopper neighborhood and I say COME!!  The more the merrier!  It is dark so bring flashlights.  Many people park at the beginning of the neighborhood and then walk the loop.  I'd say our first trick or treater comes between 5:30 and 6:00 and usually ends by 8.  It is a great neighborhood for young kids.

Katie
On Oct 22, 2013, at 8:48 AM, Hans & Cathie Bitter <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi - We're new to Lincoln, and I'm wondering how trick-or-treating is handled here.  We live on a particularly windy part of Tower road, and it may not be so safe to walk at dusk near our house.  Are there particular streets or neighborhoods that attract a lot of kids?  Are there designated hours for trick-or-treating?
>
> Thanks!
> Cathie

Trunk or Treat.pdf (474K) Download Attachment