[LincolnTalk] seeking advice regarding donations to cat shelters

[LincolnTalk] seeking advice regarding donations to cat shelters

Lincoln mailing list
Hi Lincoln,

Just wondering if anyone on-list is knowledgeable, or could connect me with someone who is knowledgeable, about what kinds of items cat shelters accept for donation?

We've been decluttering over the past few weeks and discovered some old cat supplies that have not been in use for a long time, and we're wondering if a shelter could use them.

Thanks!
Steve & Wendy

Re: [LincolnTalk] seeking advice regarding donations to cat shelters

Daniela Caride
Different shelters used to accept different things. But, for instance, MSPCA Boston and Buddy Dog in Sudbury used to accept pretty much anything because they pass on to other orgs whatever they couldn't use. With COVID, things might have changed.

Before, they'd accept food expired up to 6 months, used items (but please discard items that have been previously peed by a cat - there's no way they can wash it, and even washed, other cats would come and mark it again)

Food, cat trees, carriers, toys, anything used to go. Now, you might be better off checking with the shelter of your choice.

_______

Daniela Caride

The information in this email is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you believe I sent you this email in error, please contact me and properly dispose of the email. Thank you!

On Mon, Jan 4, 2021 at 8:52 AM Steve Hirsch via Lincoln <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Lincoln,

Just wondering if anyone on-list is knowledgeable, or could connect me with someone who is knowledgeable, about what kinds of items cat shelters accept for donation?

We've been decluttering over the past few weeks and discovered some old cat supplies that have not been in use for a long time, and we're wondering if a shelter could use them.

Thanks!
Steve & Wendy

[LincolnTalk] Free: cat supplies (some new, some used items)

Hello Lincoln cat owners,

The following cat supplies are on offer:

Approx 12+/- lbs of Cat's Pride litter (Originally came in a 28 lb bucket. I'd be happy to transfer to a smaller box and keep the bucket, or you can take the potentially useful, large bucket.)

New/un-used items:
- 2 Clevercat top entry litterboxes (these are IMO an excellent design, they're just too small for our large-ish cats)
- puppy-pad base/holder (puppy pads are useful not just for dogs!)

Used items:
- 2 cat litter trapping mats (similar to this). Lightly used but never soiled.
- Approx 7 hooded litter boxes (similar to this). (They were cleaned thoroughly and scrubbed with bleach after last being used, which was probably ~10 yrs ago, but they're used nonetheless.)
- Litter Kwitter system (was a failed experiment for us. I believe our cats never "used" it which means it was never soiled. (will confirm that before giving it away.) But anyway, free if anyone wants to try it.)

I know some of these items are long shots but I feel compelled to make the offer before putting them to trash.

Please LMK if interested in anything mentioned above? (email or text 781-801-6265)
Thanks!
Steve

Re: [LincolnTalk] Free: cat supplies (some new, some used items)

Lincoln mailing list
Update. The following items are still available:

New-ish (never used):