[LincolnTalk] clothing donations

Lincoln mailing list
Other than the American Red Cross bin in the Donelan's parking lot, where can I donate secondhand clothes?  I prefer to donate to a local organization where the clothes go directly to people who need them, rather than this bin where a "portion" of the proceeds from the sale of the donated items goes toward disaster relief efforts.  Now that the Lincoln food pantry no longer accepts clothing donations, I do not know where to donate.  Suggestions?

Re: [LincolnTalk] clothing donations

Nadia J., LMHC
If you want to donate to refugees, etc there are also people who collect at their homes.  I can vouch for the Newton crew, my friend delivers direct....

image1.jpeg

Sent from the virtual world...

On Sep 10, 2019, at 7:13 PM, Stacey Sweet via Lincoln <[hidden email]> wrote:

Other than the American Red Cross bin in the Donelan's parking lot, where can I donate secondhand clothes?  I prefer to donate to a local organization where the clothes go directly to people who need them, rather than this bin where a "portion" of the proceeds from the sale of the donated items goes toward disaster relief efforts.  Now that the Lincoln food pantry no longer accepts clothing donations, I do not know where to donate.  Suggestions?

Re: [LincolnTalk] clothing donations

Big brother, big sister will pick up clothing and household items from your home. They publish dates that they will be in Lincoln on their website or you can call them to arrange.

Lisa Paul

On Sep 10, 2019, at 7:13 PM, Stacey Sweet <[hidden email]> wrote:

Other than the American Red Cross bin in the Donelan's parking lot, where can I donate secondhand clothes?  I prefer to donate to a local organization where the clothes go directly to people who need them, rather than this bin where a "portion" of the proceeds from the sale of the donated items goes toward disaster relief efforts.  Now that the Lincoln food pantry no longer accepts clothing donations, I do not know where to donate.  Suggestions?

Re: [LincolnTalk] clothing donations

Donald Seckler
Boomerang, a project of the AIDS Action Committee in Boston’s South End, takes high end clothes for resale, with profits going to the committee. Large collectors usually sell American donations by the ton for re-sale in marketplace dumps throughout the undeveloped world. It’s big business, and leads to the demise of small-scale tailors in third world countries. This is why so many images of third world people now show them in outdated American tee-shirts.

Don Seckler

Sent via cell