[LincolnTalk] Woodpecker Help

Lis Herbert
I am hoping that somebody might be able to offer advice on what to do about a woodpecker.

He (maybe she) has pecked a largish hole through a shingle, and is now dispersing pink insulation below. This would be solvable with a ladder, but the hole is strategically behind the electrical intake wires to the house.

Last night I thought maybe the easiest fix would be to try to tackle the hole from the inside, sacrificing a small area of interior wall that can be patched. This seems preferable to scheduling a power outage, teetering on a ladder, etc.

Now however it seems the bird might actually have taken up residence inside the hole. If we try to patch from the inside, I worry a woodpecker will fly into the house.

Any ideas for what we might do? Thank you so much.

Lis

Re: [LincolnTalk] Woodpecker Help

samattes
Anne, et al-

Here are some ideas:

We have a real problem in our house in the mountains fo Colorado.
We use the tape and the “eye” and have had some degree of success.
But, both can come down and need to be re-hung.

Good luck!

Sara