[LincolnTalk] The country I want to live in

[LincolnTalk] The country I want to live in

Bob Antia

I want to live in a country that measures a person by their character, not by their net worth or the color of their skin.

I want to live in a country where our leaders work to enrich all citizens, not just themselves and those who contributed to their campaigns.

I want to live in a country where those that are elected, serve all constituents, not just those that voted for them.

I want to live in a country that plans for the future in generations to come, not quarters and election cycles.

I want to live in a country where those that cannot help themselves are given help.

I want to live in a country where Justice is for all, not just those that can afford the best lawyers.

I want to live in a country where a rising tide lifts all boats, not just the largest.

I want to live in a country where there is respect for different viewpoints and not demagoguery of differing viewpoints.

I want to live in a country where the elected officials make their decisions based on the best available information and leverage subject matter experts, not just beliefs and hearsay.

I want to live in a country where self identity is respected as much as conformity.

I want to live in a country that recognizes taxes are a necessary part of governance and requires all to contribute.

Contribute to the dialog, what kind of country so you want to live in?

-Bob Antia

Re: [LincolnTalk] The country I want to live in

Anne Warner
All that and.....

I want to live in a country where the natural world is appreciated and preserved for future generations

I want to live in a world where quality healthcare is available to all

I want to live in a world where education is equally available to all and teachers are paid more than lawyers

....this is a great project.....what can others add?

Anne Warner
- Sent from iPhone. Typed by thumb. Excuse misspellings!

On Jul 4, 2020, at 9:51 AM, sally kindleberger <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Lincoln mailing list
I want to live in a country where people and the environment are more important than corporations

I want to live in a country where differences are celebrated

I want to live in a country where no one experiences food insecurity

I want to live in a country where mental health care is available to all

Heather Ring
pronouns: she/her/hers

On Saturday, July 4, 2020, 10:00:48 AM EDT, Anne Warner <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

sharon antia
Great, thanks Bob,

I want to live in a country where money is no longer the driving force
I want to live in a country where the accumulation of wealth is not a goal, a qualifying factor or a measure of success
I want to live in a country where our neighbors are our priority
I want to live in a country where dancing in the street is another priority

~ska

On Sat, Jul 4, 2020 at 10:07 AM Heather Ring via Lincoln <[hidden email]> wrote:
I want to live in a country where people and the environment are more important than corporations
I want to live in a country where differences are celebrated
I want to live in a country where no one experiences food insecurity
I want to live in a country where mental health care is available to all

On Saturday, July 4, 2020, 10:00:48 AM EDT, Anne Warner <[hidden email]> wrote:

All that and.....
I want to live in a country where the natural world is appreciated and preserved for future generations
I want to live in a world where quality healthcare is available to all
I want to live in a world where education is equally available to all and teachers are paid more than lawyers
....this is a great project.....what can others add?

Re: [LincolnTalk] The country I want to live in

Stephanie Smoot
Yes to dancing, also support of music, art, safer roads, ocean exploration and  space travel!

On Saturday, July 4, 2020, sharon antia <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

857 368-9175  work
781 941-6842  personal cell
617 595-5217 work cell
126 Chestnut Circle
Lincoln, MA 01773

Please note we no longer have a landline!

Re: [LincolnTalk] The country I want to live in

J Palmer
Thank you I agree with you.  And support this.  But I despair it is game over for all living beings at this point.
Jean Palmer

On Sat, Jul 4, 2020 at 1:58 PM sharon antia <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Jean Palmer, Editor
SoundCommentary.com
[hidden email]

PO Box 218
247 Tower Rd
Lincoln, MA  01773

“Hope is not the conviction that something will turn out well but the certainty that something is worth doing no matter how it turns out.” Vaclav Havel

If your existence gives comfort to another life, then you have given your life meaning.

"Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind."  Henry James

Re: [LincolnTalk] The country I want to live in

Rey Rey Romero
Wow, this is nice.

I want to live in a country that,
acknowledges human life as one race.

I want to live in a country that,
is self-sustaining and balanced.

I want to live in a country that,
understands that every piece
is a critical piece, for the whole.

I want to live in a country that,
the president knows Puerto Rico 🇵🇷 is part of the U.S.A.🇺🇸

I want to live in a country that,
Government works for the people
and not brand & steal from the people as to segregate all the people.

I want to live in a country that,
embraces our commonalities
and respect our differences.

I want to live in a country that,
has good intentions, in every action, for all.

I want to live in a country that,
teaches me how to survive without
vs how to survive with them.

I want to live in a country that,
teaches real freedom and independence and how to value a life of a human

I want to live in a country that,
doesn't have so much power over the people.

I want to live in a country that,
does what this Lincoln Talk message is doing to me. ..
     awakening my thoughts, reading other's words and sharing my own and feeling good that the exchange of information will make us better leaders for our inheritors.

I truly enjoyed, loved and respect every piece of thought put into this, thank you.
What's next?

You are Appreciated,
Rey Rey Romero

P.S.