[LincolnTalk] The Master Babysitting List?

[LincolnTalk] The Master Babysitting List?

JonathanFeinberg
Administrator
I've heard tell of a precious list of local young people who babysit. This list is, apparently, circulated among those In The Know.

We have a couple of regularish babysitters already, but they're highly qualified (and highly paid) young women with advanced degrees, suitable for a weekend away, but not really necessary for dinner and a movie. Does this mythical list really exist?

--
Jonathan Feinberg  [hidden email]  http://MrFeinberg.com/

Re: [LincolnTalk] The Master Babysitting List?

Maggy Pietropaolo
You are probably thinking of the LFA babysitter list. This is a list of teenagers whose families are members of the LFA (Lincoln Family Association) and who offer babysitting services. The list is available to other members of the LFA. We update it in the spring and fall. A new list should be compiled soon, although last year's is still available. In addition to this perk, being a member of the LFA gets you free admission to the Halloween Parade, Winter Carnival Energy Blast and Bunny Bonanza, monthly emails of local family oriented happenings, invitations to monthly coffees and mom's nights out, and more. To join, go to www.lincfam.org and click on the 'join the LFA' tab. Membership is $40 per year but join now and you get the rest of 2013 for only $20.

Another way to find a young babysitter is to contribute to the Lincoln PTO (www.lpto.org) and receive a school directory - you can look for 8th grade girls whose parents you know (or not) and call them. I find this to be the best age for date night babysitting- they are responsible and enthusiastic and don't have as much of a social life to distract them as your average high school girl.

-Maggy

On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 2:31 PM, Vinny and Maggy Pietropaolo <[hidden email]> wrote:
To join, go to www.lincfam.org and click on the 'join the LFA' tab. Membership is $40 per year but join now and you get the rest of 2013 for only $20.

Done! Thanks very much. And thanks, also, for the PTO advice. Much obliged.

--
Jonathan Feinberg  [hidden email]  http://MrFeinberg.com/