[LincolnTalk] Shop Local Hygiene

12

[LincolnTalk] Shop Local Hygiene

sharon antia
Can anyone recommend a local shop that practices good hygiene?  I need to 're-up' on some things but the last time I shopped local (this past weekend) I was underwhelmed with the hygiene I saw.  No one had gloves or masks, employees did not appear to even attempt to keep a distance or practice any particular 'best practices', even offering to pack my own cloth bag for me.

None of this seems to me to be particularly 'safe'.

My sister told me she got some takeout food recently and I asked her how she could have confidence in the restaurant (not here, in Attleboro).  She said she ordered online, went to pick it up, only patron there, handed over her card and the clerk wore gloves and a mask, wiped her card with sanitized wipes, swiped the card, wiped it again and handed it back to her.  She was so happy she gave her a 50% tip.  The woman started to cry.
I would trust that place to taking this seriously.

Anyone have experience anywhere around here where this seemed to be a priority?
-ska

Re: [LincolnTalk] Shop Local Hygiene

Christine Damon
While I totally agree that supermarket employees need to clean often, sanitize between shoppers and support shoppers in remaining 6 feet away from each other, my understanding is that masks should be reserved for health workers, for sick people and for caregivers of sick people within the home.

¨If you are NOT sick: You do not need to wear a facemask unless you are caring for someone who is sick (and they are not able to wear a facemask).  Facemasks may be in short supply and they should be saved for caregivers.¨  https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prepare/prevention.html

Take care everyone,

Chris

El mar., 24 mar. 2020 a las 14:07, Nicholas Ribush (<[hidden email]>) escribió:
[...]

Leslie Turek
I was at Verrill Farm yesterday and I noticed they put tables in front of their check-out stations to keep customers more separated from the clerks. Here is the statement they sent out to customers on their mailing list:

COVID-19 Response
What Are We Doing?
It is our intention to remain open daily to continue to serve our local community. To continue to protect our employees and customers, we have taken the following actions:
  • Hours change: We will be changing our daily hours to 8AM - 6PM
  • Increased employee distancing: We have reduced the number of individuals working in all departments at one time to allow for safer distancing in the store and food prep areas.
  • Continuous Cleaning: We have dedicated staff members each day to continuously clean and sanitize high touch spaces throughout the stand during open hours and at closing.
What Are We Asking Of You?
  • Practice safe distancing: Whenever possible, keep a distance between yourself and any other customers or Verrill Farm staff members.
  • Reduce your party size: Please try to visit the stand with the smallest group possible. The less people that are visiting at once, the easier it is to maintain a safe distance apart.
  • Avoid busiest hours: Typically the stand is busiest between the hours of 10AM - 3PM. Try shopping outside of these peak windows when possible.
  • Order sandwiches online: To reduce lines (esp. at lunch), we are encouraging online orders for made to order sandwiches. Online orders are prepaid and can be scheduled for a specific pickup date & time up to 7 days in advance. Online sandwich orders can be placed HERE.
  • Practice good hygiene: Please continue to be vigilant about hand washing, etc. If you are sick, have been exposed to someone that is, or have been asked to quarantine, we would kindly ask that you avoid the stand until advised otherwise by a medical professional.

[...]

We got take out at Karma in Concord last night. The staff had masks and gloves.

Vincent
Please excuse spelling or syntax errors.

On Tue, Mar 24, 2020 at 4:48 PM -0400, "Mary Rosenfeld via Lincoln" <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

I love Karma! Absolutely delicious!!

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Tuesday, March 24, 2020, 4:56 PM, Vin Cannistraro via Lincoln <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Scott Clary
Karma family and staff - wonderful - always seem to get it right.

Kind Regards,

Scott Clary
617-968-5769

Sent from a mobile device - please excuse typos and errors

On Tue, Mar 24, 2020, 5:38 PM Joanna Owen Schmergel via Lincoln <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

105 Thoreau Street

https://www.karmaconcord.com

On Tuesday, March 24, 2020, 7:59 PM, Claire Mount <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Nadia J., LMHC
Near the frame shop and dunkin donuts jn concord

Sent from the virtual world...

On Mar 24, 2020, at 8:02 PM, Joanna Owen Schmergel via Lincoln <[hidden email]> wrote:

 105 Thoreau Street

https://www.karmaconcord.com

[...]

Anne Warner
How does Donelan’s do on hygiene? Can anyone comment? I want to shop local, and I know they are responsive to community input.

- Sent from iPhone. Typed by thumb. Excuse misspellings!

On Mar 24, 2020, at 8:19 PM, Nadia J., LMHC <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

samattes
I think that was the store referenced at the beginning of the chain.
If that is the case…not so good.

On Mar 24, 2020, at 8:29 PM, Anne Warner <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

I think when we are in a store, and they are not following procedures, we have to speak up to the managers.   They are already overwhelmed by the large amount of stockpiling, and trying to just get replacement food and supplies in.  But the procedures do have to be in place now as well.

Verrills has laid out what they are doing here on this thread, and these are procedures the local non-procedural stores could emulate.

Plus, they should be thinking about all their own employees as well.  So lets make a point of asking  these stores for these changes - virtually, if necessary!

On Tuesday, March 24, 2020, 8:37:51 PM EDT, Claire Mount <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Dear Anne,

This is Donelan’s corporate letter regarding their hygiene procedures responsive to the COVID-19 pandemic:

Furthermore, I have been there (Donelan’s in Lincoln) twice in the last ten days and saw very few people, no waiting in lines, as others have commented before me. Also, as others have noted, Jason is very responsive. If there is something you’d like them to do that you believe they are not doing, please let him or the RLF/LLCT know.

As I’ve mentioned before in this forum, supporting the mall isn’t “only“ supporting local businesses, it also directly supports conservation efforts here in Lincoln. It’s an important and integral  part of taking care of our community.

Thank you,
Michelle Barnes
South Great Road

[...]

Dear LT,

This is Donelan’s corporate letter regarding their hygiene procedures responsive to the COVID-19 pandemic:

Furthermore, I have been there (Donelan’s in Lincoln) twice in the last ten days and saw very few people, no waiting in lines, as others have commented before me. Also, as others have noted, Jason is very responsive. If there is something you’d like them to do that you believe they are not doing, please let him or the RLF/LLCT know.

As I’ve mentioned before in this forum, supporting the mall isn’t “only“ supporting local businesses, it also directly supports conservation efforts here in Lincoln. It’s an important and integral  part of taking care of our community.

Please excuse this repetitive posting; I failed to notice the continuation of this strand as it wasn’t delivered to my inbox.

Thank you,
Michelle Barnes
South Great Road