[LincolnTalk] Sending out trial thoughts on the Farmers Market this summer

[LincolnTalk] Sending out trial thoughts on the Farmers Market this summer

Lindentreefarm Csa
Hi all,
we are of course struggling with the Farmers Market questions for this
summer and the uninvited gate crasher Covid 19.
Codman Community Farms is doing a super job at providing a variety of
high quality local foods for Lincoln and I for one, am grateful to be
nearby.
It is also usually the host for the Lincoln Farmers Market in the
summer and somehow we find ourselves trying to understand how that
will work this year...there are suggested regulations for how Farmers
Market vendors need to present their wares and how to protect their
customers...I think I am wondering whether people will stay away or
come anyway in the summer...and who will be interested in being a
vendor besides Lindentree Farm who has been coming to this for over 30
years....
any thoughts, any interest for participating?  We would be followign
Covid 19 guidelines for Farmers Markets during the summer and autumn.
Thank you.
Lindentree Farm

Re: [LincolnTalk] Sending out trial thoughts on the Farmers Market this summer

manson solomon
Hi Moira --

Goes without saying that we, he Lincoln Traditional Jazz Band would love to come as usual but right now it doesn't seem too feasible.  Even if we could maintain social distance from audience and shoppers how would we d it from one another?  And even if we found a way, would Codman/the town agree?

Manson  🎹

On Sat, Apr 25, 2020 at 10:52 AM Lindentreefarm Csa <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

[LincolnTalk] Continued: Sending out trial thoughts on the Farmers Market this summer

manson solomon
Sorry about that . .. emails went off before I was done.  So, as I was saying  ... .

As far as the quartet on the other side is concerned, I must confess that since they play outside my office rather than bedroom I'm barely conscious of them.  When I am, it strikes me as akin to Joni Mitchell's hissing of summer lawns.  It's kind of reassuring  to know that there's gardening going on out there, so I don't mind.  And if I did, I doubt I could get a word  with their employer who seems to always be charging up and down the road at breakneck speed (on foot.)

So we're all good here.  It don't mean a thing if they ain't got that swing. (Which they probably do have considering the number if golf balls I've found on my property.)

Have a nice week-end.

Your neighbor in 4/4

Manson

Re: [LincolnTalk] Continued: Sending out trial thoughts on the Farmers Market this summer

Ted Chan
I would love to support the local farmers and artisans by purchasing a box or basket paid for online.

It doesn't have the same vibe as a nice Farmer's Market, but if it had local meat, vegetables, eggs, flowers, soap, crafts, etc. I would definitely go for that, and I know many others would.

On Sun, Apr 26, 2020 at 7:47 AM manson solomon <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

[hidden email] / (781) 856-8686

Re: [LincolnTalk] Continued: Sending out trial thoughts on the Farmers Market this summer

Leslie Turek
Picking up on Ted's thought, I noticed a while back that Russo's is organizing an assortment of different types of boxes.

Perhaps the Farmer's Market people could get together and offer something similar for preorder and pickup.

Leslie Turek

On Mon, Apr 27, 2020 at 10:44 AM Ted Chan <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Musical Theater Experiences
P:617-827-9063

Re: [LincolnTalk] Continued: Sending out trial thoughts on the Farmers Market this summer

Renata Pomponi

Drumlin Farm is planning to make a week-by-week veggie and egg box available for order/pick up starting in mid-May, for those that don’t want to make the commitment to a full-season CSA. Feel free to reach out to me if you are interested in the details. We would be happy to discuss ideas on how to incorporate this into a summer farmer’s market concept for Lincoln.

Thanks,

Renata

Renata Pomponi

Sanctuary Director

Mass Audubon's Drumlin Farm Wildlife Sanctuary

208 South Great Road

Lincoln, MA 01773

781-259-2201

[hidden email]