[LincolnTalk] Recommendation: Weco hospitality

[LincolnTalk] Recommendation: Weco hospitality

James Phimister
Hi All -

I am writing to provide a testimonial for Weco Hospitality (www.wecohospitality.com); it is a dinner delivery service (or pick up if you prefer) out of Acton that my wife and I use about two times a week, and that serves Lincoln. Weco is fantastic, and their model seems finely tuned for pandemic living, though I am equally sure it will continue when this calamity ends.

The gist is pretty simply - every Thursday around 8pm Weco sends you the following week's menu (you provide your email at their site). The week's menu varies by day and the meals are an eclectic mix of cuisines, while also being familiar, and pretty contemporary American grounded. There is also a kids option. (if you scroll down from the home page you will see this week's Thanksgiving abridged menu). You choose the meals that you like and the number of portions, and provide your address, and voila, when the day comes around, delivered to your doorstep in the afternoon, or before dinner, is a wonderful fully cooked meal with heating instructions to follow prior to serving. We have ordered Weco about 10 times and the meals have almost always been excellent, and of a very nice restaurant calibre. In addition to the enjoyment of eating the food, Weco has assured me the food is ethically and as much as possible locally sourced; ingredients are typically delivered to Weco less than 24 hours before they reach your doorstep;  the packaging is pretty minimal and light on plastic, and the prep time, and clean up time is minimal too. Lastly, it is quite reasonable - the pricing model is unique, but we end up spending about $20 per head for the meals including taxes, delivery, tips, etc.

If this sounds appealing, I'd encourage you to try it - it is really simple, and there is no subscription or ongoing obligation. Happy to answer any questions.

Cheers, James

PS - Full disclosure, Weco is seeking to grow in Lincoln and asked me, as a frequent Weco customer, to write the testimonial and have kindly offered us a free meal for the testimonial (which we will accept). This said, we'd have been happy to provide the testimonial without the incentive, and the above expressed views are authentic and our own.