[LincolnTalk] Public Water OK if power out

[LincolnTalk] Public Water OK if power out

Ruth Ann Hendrickson
If the power goes out, the Water Department does have a generator.
Should the generator fail, as it did once, the Water Department receives
priority service from both NStar and the generator company. Last time
the pump was back on line within a few hours. Worst case, the tank on
top of the hill on Bedford Road holds a million gallons of water and
will provide water to the pipes via gravity feed.

Ruth Ann Hendrickson
Water Commissioner

Re: [LincolnTalk] Public Water OK if power out

Susan Taylor
Thanks Ruth for the official and informative response!

On Jan 26, 2015, at 9:26 PM, Ruth Ann Hendrickson wrote:

> If the power goes out, the Water Department does have a generator. Should the generator fail, as it did once, the Water Department receives priority service from both NStar and the generator company. Last time the pump was back on line within a few hours. Worst case, the tank on top of the hill on Bedford Road holds a million gallons of water and will provide water to the pipes via gravity feed.
>
> Ruth Ann Hendrickson
> Water Commissioner

Re: [LincolnTalk] Public Water OK if power out

Andrew Payne

If the power goes out, the Water Department does have a generator.

We can attest to that!  When the power goes out, we can hear the generator running on the Tower Road well.

If anyone on Tower Road (between Pierce Hill and 117) needs help, or knows of anyone that needs help, please let us know.  259-8789

And if you are able, please consider digging out your nearest fire hydrant.

-andy