[LincolnTalk] Plant identification

Lido Bigelow
Any chance anyone knows what plant this is? It seems to have found its way into my perennial garden? My first thought is a type of columbine, but I have not been able to confirm.

Very delicate. Light yellow flowers, 6-8 inches in height.

Katie
One kind word can change someone's day!

image0.jpeg (710K) Download Attachment

Re: [LincolnTalk] Plant identification

Leslie Turek
I actually think it's sessile-leaf bellwort.

Per a talk I just recently attended by Ted Elliman given by the Sudbury Valley Trustees, I learned that large-flowered bellwort has "perfoliate" stems, that is the stem appears to pierce the leaves and sessile-leaf bellwort does not.

Leslie Turek

On Sun, May 17, 2020 at 12:42 PM Debra Daugherty <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Sun, May 17, 2020 at 12:40 PM Debra Daugherty <[hidden email]> wrote:
Well, not columbine for sure. The leaf of columbine looks like this:

On Sun, May 17, 2020 at 12:33 PM Lido Bigelow <[hidden email]> wrote:
Any chance anyone knows what plant this is? It seems to have found its way into my perennial garden? My first thought is a type of columbine, but I have not been able to confirm.

Very delicate. Light yellow flowers, 6-8 inches in height.

Katie
One kind word can change someone's day!--

Re: [LincolnTalk] Plant identification

Bernadette and Mark
Just catching up on emails....can I ask how tall this plant is?  Because it looks like Wild Oats to me and it is a native plant.  I have it in one of my gardens (I actually bought it at Garden in the Woods, Framingham).  It can be an invasive species, but if you keep an eye on it it is very sweet.  On that note if anyone could use some lily of the valley or vinca let me know....and I will show you what invasive species really looks like.
Be Well and happy gardening