[LincolnTalk] Need help: Recycling of Bedding

[LincolnTalk] Need help: Recycling of Bedding

Allen Vander Meulen III
I have a bunch of old and worn-out bed pillows that need to not live in my closet any more.  Does anyone know if there is a way to recycle them, or should I just throw them in the dumpster at the Transfer Station?

Thanks!

- Allen Vander Meulen
Beaver Pond Rd

Re: [LincolnTalk] Need help: Recycling of Bedding

Kathleen Lomatoski
The Epilepsy Foundation takes a lot of items that are then recycled into other items. You can see a list on their website of “acceptable items” and *pillows* are on the list. There is a drop-box in Bedford at the Whole Foods btw. Whole Foods and Marshalls. All items need to be bagged.

https://www.epilepsy.com/make-difference/ways-give/donate-clothing-and-household-goods/acceptable-items

Kathleen Lomatoski

On Jan 9, 2021, at 2:53 PM, Allen Vander Meulen <[hidden email]> wrote:

I have a bunch of old and worn-out bed pillows that need to not live in my closet any more.  Does anyone know if there is a way to recycle them, or should I just throw them in the dumpster at the Transfer Station?

Thanks!

- Allen Vander Meulen
Beaver Pond Rd

Re: [LincolnTalk] Need help: Recycling of Bedding

Lido Bigelow
If anyone responded I’d be interested in knowing the answer too!

Katie
One kind word can change someone's day!

> On Jan 9, 2021, at 2:53 PM, Allen Vander Meulen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I have a bunch of old and worn-out bed pillows that need to not live in my closet any more.  Does anyone know if there is a way to recycle them, or should I just throw them in the dumpster at the Transfer Station?
>
> Thanks!
>
> - Allen Vander Meulen
> Beaver Pond Rd

Re: [LincolnTalk] Need help: Recycling of Bedding

Lincoln mailing list
When I was on the Recycling committee we were told that all fiber materials (wearable or not) could go into Goodwill’s bin. They pay people to sort, and some items end up as insulation or industrial rags - a revenue stream for them in any event. Also keeps material out of landfills, though that’s not a Lincoln issue.

On Jan 11, 2021 at 3:45 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:

If anyone responded I’d be interested in knowing the answer too!

Katie
One kind word can change someone's day!

> On Jan 9, 2021, at 2:53 PM, Allen Vander Meulen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I have a bunch of old and worn-out bed pillows that need to not live in my closet any more.  Does anyone know if there is a way to recycle them, or should I just throw them in the dumpster at the Transfer Station?
>
> Thanks!
>
> - Allen Vander Meulen
> Beaver Pond Rd

Re: [LincolnTalk] Need help: Recycling of Bedding

Another option,

If you have pillows, bedding, socks with no mates, boots that are worn through, or stuffed animals that have come to the end of their lives...we NEED YOU!

The Lincoln School has partnered with BayState Textiles in a program to turn unwanted textiles into revenue for our LPTO.

More than 520 MILLION pounds of usable textiles - including clothing, footwear, towels, household linens and other fabric-based products - were sent to landfills in Massachusetts in the last year, of which 95 % can be reused or recycled. Bay State Textilesaccepts ALL textiles as long as they are clean and dry. This includes everything from stained clothing to stuffed animals to boots (all items must be in bags). Click here for a complete list of acceptable items https://www.baystatetextiles.com/what-we-do-dont-accept/

Schools generate a rebate of $100 per ton! Drop off bins are conveniently located in the Smith and Hartwell parking lots. Thank you for supporting your PTO!

Thank you for supporting your PTO!

Laura Taylor

Re: [LincolnTalk] Need help: Recycling of Bedding

Deborah Wallace

Here is a link to Goodwill’s guidelines for what they will and will not accept.  They do not accept pillows.  https://goodwillnne.org/donate/acceptable-donations/

Deborah