[LincolnTalk] Mike Farny

garrick niemiec
Lincoln Guide Service was a big reason for our moving to Lincoln. Mike was a like minded person who gave in many generous ways. Snow shoes (bear paws) hiking gear, trail maps, used bikes, ski's, repairs, advice and plenty of conversation. We have plenty of gear and fond memories. Thanks Mike, you helped make Lincoln what it is today and will be in the future.

Re: [LincolnTalk] Mike Farny

samattes
I am sure others share your sentiment.

A related point, as we are talking about new ways to revitalize “The Mall”,  Mike and Lincoln Guide Service brought a vitality to the Lincoln Station area that had not existed prior to his opening Lincoln Guide.
It was truly a part of creating necessary “traffic” to bring folks to all other retail in the area.
And, we got great conversation, to boot!

> On Oct 8, 2019, at 10:34 AM, garrick niemiec <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Lincoln Guide Service was a big reason for our moving to Lincoln. Mike was a like minded person who gave in many generous ways. Snow shoes (bear paws) hiking gear, trail maps, used bikes, ski's, repairs, advice and plenty of conversation. We have plenty of gear and fond memories. Thanks Mike, you helped make Lincoln what it is today and will be in the future.

Re: [LincolnTalk] Mike Farny

Bob Kupperstein
I rode one of his mountain bikes in to work this morning, as I do most days.

It was a huge loss for the town when his shop closed, in so many ways.

-Bob

On Tue, Oct 8, 2019 at 10:30 AM garrick niemiec <[hidden email]> wrote:
Lincoln Guide Service was a big reason for our moving to Lincoln. Mike was a like minded person who gave in many generous ways. Snow shoes (bear paws) hiking gear, trail maps, used bikes, ski's, repairs, advice and plenty of conversation. We have plenty of gear and fond memories. Thanks Mike, you helped make Lincoln what it is today and will be in the future.

Re: [LincolnTalk] Mike Farny

Leslie Turek
Years ago I lived in Watertown, and used to come out to rent a bike at Lincoln Guide Service and ride the beautiful trails. I think it was what gave me a love for this area and encouraged me to move here when I retired. I didn't know Mike Farny, but he touched my life.
Leslie Turek

On Tue, Oct 8, 2019 at 10:30 AM garrick niemiec <[hidden email]> wrote:
Lincoln Guide Service was a big reason for our moving to Lincoln. Mike was a like minded person who gave in many generous ways. Snow shoes (bear paws) hiking gear, trail maps, used bikes, ski's, repairs, advice and plenty of conversation. We have plenty of gear and fond memories. Thanks Mike, you helped make Lincoln what it is today and will be in the future.

Re: [LincolnTalk] Mike Farny

The obituary for Mike Farny says that Concord will fly flags at half-mast on Oct.12, in his honor. It would be nice if Lincoln did the same.

I also remember the Guide Service fondly; it really was a landmark.
Jennie Morris

A related point, as we are talking about new ways to revitalize “The Mall”,  Mike and Lincoln Guide Service brought a vitality to the Lincoln Station area that had not existed prior to his opening Lincoln Guide.
It was truly a part of creating necessary “traffic” to bring folks to all other retail in the area.
And, we got great conversation, to boot!

> On Oct 8, 2019, at 10:34 AM, garrick niemiec <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Lincoln Guide Service was a big reason for our moving to Lincoln. Mike was a like minded person who gave in many generous ways. Snow shoes (bear paws) hiking gear, trail maps, used bikes, ski's, repairs, advice and plenty of conversation. We have plenty of gear and fond memories. Thanks Mike, you helped make Lincoln what it is today and will be in the future.

A related point, as we are talking about new ways to revitalize “The Mall”,  Mike and Lincoln Guide Service brought a vitality to the Lincoln Station area that had not existed prior to his opening Lincoln Guide.
It was truly a part of creating necessary “traffic” to bring folks to all other retail in the area.
And, we got great conversation, to boot!

> On Oct 8, 2019, at 10:34 AM, garrick niemiec <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Lincoln Guide Service was a big reason for our moving to Lincoln. Mike was a like minded person who gave in many generous ways. Snow shoes (bear paws) hiking gear, trail maps, used bikes, ski's, repairs, advice and plenty of conversation. We have plenty of gear and fond memories. Thanks Mike, you helped make Lincoln what it is today and will be in the future.

Stephanie Smoot

781 257-5045  home
857 368-9175  work
781 941-6842  personal cell