[LincolnTalk] MMHS /N LINCOLN CONCERNS

christi.damico
Following up on what Vincent and Sharon have noted below.

KIDS NEED OPTIONS

I would like to point out that removing support for alternative education options for kids is unwise.  Students need and benefit from more choices, not fewer.  Especially students who may not fit the traditional college prep mold.  Even preppy parents can sometimes give birth to a child whose skills and preferences would indicate more happiness and success on a more technical route.  It happens!  Families in a more middle/working class income bracket may see tremendous value & opportunity at Minuteman.  Is pulling out of MMHS another example of Lincoln CLASSISM?

I would like to ask anyone in the group why we did this.  I had many family members go through Minuteman High.  Sibling & cousins.  They are all good, contributing members of society, BTW.

INJUSTICE IN THE MINUTEMAN SCHOOL BUILD

I'm personally annoyed with Minuteman right now because they built their new school completely abutting my neighborhood instead of being respectful neighbors and leaving the character of our neighborhood intact.  Their new building abuts the property of several of our Mill Street neighbors who have lived in Lincoln since as long as I can remember & even before my time.  I don't understand how this could happen.  How would YOU feel if this happened to you? If I a member of one of these families I would look into litigation in any which way I could to recoup the lost value of my home.

ALSO ANNOYED WITH LINCOLN.  When one of the adult children of one of these families would like to add on to their property, that request is refused by Lincoln "Committees" and "Boards."   I ask you: Is this fair?

Elders on my street have property values that have been adversely affected by this build of MMHS.  I'd like to point out that Ed Bouquillion, the superintendent of MMHS who also LIVES ON MILL STREET, no less, has a home (he may rent it, not own it) that is completely unaffected by the build.  Hypocrisy.  I've called him out on it, of course I have.  Injustice.  A travesty.

Where was Lincoln to stand up against this, when this was happening?  Pulling out of MMHS.

DO NOT TELL ME THAT NORTH LINCOLN DOESN'T GET SHORT SHRIFT, OFTEN!!

MORE EXAMPLES OF NORTH LINCOLN BEING LEFT OUT IN THE COLD:

Where was Lincoln when Rte 2 was being rebuilt, causing harm to North Lincoln neighborhoods.

Going way, way back: THE DUMP. Yay.

More recently:

ORIOLE LANDING.

The "GROUP HOMES" debate.

DPW DEBATE.

It seems to me that NO. LINCOLN is always absorbing or fending off the things that South Lincoln doesn't want in its back yard. Who is "chosen" for the committees reflects Lincolnite power brokers' premeditated commitment to a course of action that suits them. Then the committee actions reflect it.  Their choices reflect it.

It isn't right.  It is unjust.  It's been this way since my childhood & I am so tired of it.  I am speaking out.  Finally.

Maybe North Lincoln should secede and split up to join with Concord & Lexington.  We'd have better schools -- zing!! -- & maybe they would appreciate our tax base a little more and not try to foist all that is undesirable upon us?  Now THAT is a radical idea, but I'm throwing it out there.  Ha.  Free North Lincoln!  Free North Lincoln!  How's that for a new perspective???

Christi Damico

Message: 41
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2018 17:49:14 -0500
From: Vincent Cannistraro <[hidden email]>
To: sharon antia <[hidden email]>
Cc: Lincoln Talk <[hidden email]>, Louis Zipes
   <[hidden email]>, Michael <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: [LincolnTalk] Why does Lincoln persist with the TM
   format?

Do you think that our pulling out of the District over $100 per household sent a message to the state that Lincoln doesn?t value education?  No wonder why they were hesitant to invite us into this latest round!

Nice going team. We really showed them.

Vin

Sent from my iPhone, so please excuse any spelling, or syntax errors.

On Dec 5, 2018, at 5:30 PM, sharon antia <[hidden email]> wrote:

Whoever picked the members of the say goodby to MMHS subcommittee would not let Lincoln?s one MMSC member (me) on the subcommittee as I had already said I think we should stay in the district and therefore I could not be impartial. This, honest to goodness, was said to me by the person who spearheaded the effort to pull out.

To Vin?s point, there may be a way other than the Lincoln Way.

-ska

Re: [LincolnTalk] MMHS /N LINCOLN CONCERNS

Allen Vander Meulen III
I agree with you that pulling out of Minuteman was not a good idea (for multiple reasons) and needs to be reconsidered.

-Allen Vander Meulen

Sent from my iPhone