[LincolnTalk] Lincoln School Project: Now I know my ABCs (and buildings D, E, F, & G)

[LincolnTalk] Lincoln School Project: Now I know my ABCs (and buildings D, E, F, & G)

kim bodnar
Update: Lincoln School Project

Honoring our History, Building Our Future

The visual image that came out of this past week's SBC meeting was of waves. Waves of sequential work that are rippling through the school starting in building section D (former Library) and moving west to east through sections E, F, G, and H (Reed Gym).

The work is both on the exterior and interior. On the exterior, the many layers of the building envelope are being put in place: vapor barrier, insulation, concrete block, brick, and roofing. On the interior, there is new framing, new electrical wiring, new piping for heat, plumbing, and fire suppression, and then new drywall installation. Click here to see some recent images.

Other noteworthy information:

  • Despite snow, COVID, etc., Phase 1 of the project remains on schedule to be completed by June 22, 2021.
  • Snow storms and winter weather are built into the construction plans and the schedule. In the photo below you can see the heated exterior structures that are built around fresh masonry work to ensure they cure properly.
  • The presentation from the 12/16 meeting is here.
  • The next SBC meeting is on Wednesday, January 13, 2021 at 7:00pm.

On behalf of the SBC Outreach team, we wish you and yours love, friendship, and moments of reflection and joy as we close out 2020 and welcome 2021. See you in January!