[LincolnTalk] Lincoln Library Weekly Update January 20

[LincolnTalk] Lincoln Library Weekly Update January 20

Robin Rapoport

CHANGES IN LIBRARY SERVICES

As of Monday, January 11th the Lincoln Public Library is closed to the public due to rising COVID-19 cases in the Lincoln community.

A skeleton staff will be in the library working but will not be able to provide any assistance to patrons.

If you need help, we will be monitoring our email and voice mail system (781) 259-8465.

Our phones are now working, so please call and leave a message if you need assistance (ext.3 to reach Adult Services, ext. 4 to reach the Children's Department).You can also contact library staff by emailing us at [hidden email]

Contactless pickup will continue – please note that hours have changed.

Monday: 1:00pm – 6:00pm

Tuesday: 1:00pm – 5:00pm

Wednesday: 1:00pm – 6:00pm

Thursday: 1:00pm – 6:00pm

Friday: 1:00pm – 5:00pm

Saturday: 1:00pm – 5:00pm

Reference librarians will be available to respond to emails and calls during these hours and can also assist with online library services via Zoom.

Monday

  1:00 pm - 7:30 pm

Tuesday

  9:00 am - 6:00 pm

Wednesday

  9:00 am - 7:30 pm

Thursday

  9:00 am - 7:30 pm

Friday

  9:00 am - 5:00 pm

Saturday

10:00 am - 5:00 pm

Children’s staff will be available Monday – Saturday from 9am – 5pm.

Please visit our FAQ page for more information about changes to our services and contactless pickup schedule.

 Thank you for your patience and support as we find new ways to serve our community!

 Other Upcoming Events:

Our virtual programming will continue as scheduled. Please see our calendar for more information about our programs!

 GearTicks Collaboration!

We've teamed up with the Lincoln GearTicks to help promote their monthly STEMtastic Challenges to encourage learning about a variety of Engineering and Science subjects. Each challenge will have a central STEM theme and are open to anyone. Check out their January challenge - Recyclable Vehicles! To get you prepped and ready for the challenge, please see our suggested list of books. Have fun! Recyclable Vehicles Booklist

**Special Middle Grade Book Discussion**

Wed, January 20 at 4:30pm

Guided discussion about Part One of To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. This is a virtual meeting and registration is required. Intended for middle schoolers. Email [hidden email] to receive a Zoom invitation.

3rd/4th Grade Book Club
Meets once a month on the third Thurs of the month at 4pm
Discussion and activities for 3rd and 4th graders.
Email
[hidden email] for Zoom invitation.

Mystery Mondays

Monday, January 25 7:00pm – 8:30 pm

This week’s book is Pleasantville, by Attica Locke

For a Zoom invite, please email [hidden email]

Virtual Storytimes

Tuesdays at 10:00am
Babies, toddlers, and preschoolers are welcome to join in for fun stories, rhymes,

songs, and more.
Email
[hidden email] for Zoom invitation.

Friday Morning Book Group

Friday, January 29, 9:30 – 11:30 am

This week’s book is Where the Dead Sit Talking, by Brandon Hobson

For a Zoom invite, please email [hidden email] or [hidden email]

Reading Buddies Information Session

Monday, February 1, 3:00 – 4:00 pm

The members of the 7th Grade Lincoln Girl Scouts and the Lincoln Public Library will be bringing back the Reading Buddy program, virtually! Middle school students will be paired with elementary school students to read together and share the love of reading. We will have an information session on Monday, February 1 at 3 PM, where you can meet your buddy and learn the rules. This will be a virtual meeting, please email [hidden email] for more information.

Together Time Tales

Meets once a month on the first Mondays of the month at 6pm.
For children in grades 2-3 and their parents. Lively discussion and related activity. Email [hidden email]for Zoom invitation.

Who Picked This Book? Club

Monday, February 1, 7:00 – 8:30 pm

This week’s book is The Sleepwalker’s Guide to Dancing, by Mira Jacobs

For a Zoom invite, please email [hidden email]

Virtual Storytimes

Tuesdays at 10:00am
Babies, toddlers, and preschoolers are welcome to join in for fun stories, rhymes,

songs, and more.
Email
[hidden email] for Zoom invitation.

Photoshare

Wednesday, February 3 7:00pm – 8:30 pm

This is a monthly photosharing workshop open to all. Bring your photos on a laptop, CD-ROM or USB flash drive and share them with the group or just come and watch the show!

Email [hidden email] for Zoom information.

Robin Rapoport
Reference Librarian (In the library Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday)
Lincoln Public Library
3 Bedford Road
Lincoln, MA 01773
781-259-8465