[LincolnTalk] Lincoln Green Energy Choice - Existing Solar Panels

[LincolnTalk] Lincoln Green Energy Choice - Existing Solar Panels

Jack de Valpine
Hi,

I note the following from https://masspowerchoice.com/lincoln/faq
I have solar panels on my property or I participate in a community solar program. If I join Lincoln Green Energy Choice, will I continue to receive credits on my bill?
Yes. You will continue to receive credits on your bill, and they will continue to be calculated in the same way they are calculated now with no change.
What is not clear is whether there are any additional steps/notifications that have to occur if one elects one of the Lincoln Green Energy supply options. I wonder about this having gone through some initial headaches buying a home with an existing solar installation and having to go through extra steps to get it re-established with Eversource.

Does anyone have any insights into this?

Thanks,

-Jack de Valpine

Re: [LincolnTalk] Lincoln Green Energy Choice - Existing Solar Panels

Lincoln mailing list
The existing net metering agreements people with solar installations have in place are not effected by the Green Energy Choice program and should require no notification or interaction with Eversource to continue reimbursing credits from excess generation.

Regards,

CJ Volpone
Member, Green Energy Committee