[LincolnTalk] Lincoln Farmers Market this summer

[LincolnTalk] Lincoln Farmers Market this summer

Lindentreefarm Csa
Here we are in COVID spring time 2020.
Due to a number of circumstances, both personal and owing to the larger context of a pandemic, Lindentree Farm is not going to be supplying the Lincoln Farmers Market this summer with produce.  After 30 years of showing up every Saturday  at Codman farm ( three years of that were at the Mall in Lincoln Station) with veggies from our farm, and bread from Iggy’s (which meant driving at 3:30 a.m. to pick it up in Watertown and then coming back to harvest and set up) and de facto running the Lincoln Farmers Market..we are taking a break.  This was a very difficult decision to make because of all the people who we love to feed who came to the market to see us and buy our produce..  It is a jobI  loved and felt was a necessary thing to be doing, aside from the pleasure it brought me. So it is with a lot of regret  and deep sadness that we step back.

The Lincoln Farmers Market can of course live on under the guidance of some one else who is motivated and we are sure it will take a form that again serves the town of Lincoln.
Many thanks, and we cannot really say enough of them, to all of you who came to see us, and to the many vendors who have come and gone over the years, to the town of Lincoln for supporting us, to the Board and many farmers of Codman who have enthusiastically provided us space, to the Board of the Rural Land Foundation for supporting us when we moved to the Mall in Lincoln after Donelan’s roof collapsed…thanks to those who played music to entertain you, the Jazz Band, the cellist who played sitting on the wall, the kids who tried out their wares,
it has been a long performance, and with a lot of wonderful people and food.
So many apologies from us and good wishes for the next step.

Moira
Lindentree Farm

Growing and harvesting for the Lincoln Farmers’ Market has been a ritual observed  at 6:30 AM every Saturday morning rain or shine, from June through at least the end of September, for the past thirty years.  Packing the truck with just harvested vegetables and berries and sending it on its way, usually I stayed on at the farm continuing to harvest with the crew for our CSA share.  I can say without reservation that we provided the freshest organic produce possible to our neighbors and other regular customers who greatly appreciated the local harvest.
It’s now time for a break in the action and  maybe sleeping in a little longer on Saturday mornings.  But I will miss it.  I always enjoyed seeing the market when it was all set up a couple hours later, with the produce artfully arranged on tables.  We are lucky in our town to have agricultural land preserved and farmers who can continue to provide good food to our local population.  Please continue to support them and their hard work in whatever ways possible.

Thank you,

Ari Kurtz
Lindentree Farm

Re: [LincolnTalk] Lincoln Farmers Market this summer

samattes
Dear Moira and Ari,
Thank you so much for all that you have contributed to this town.
You have led the way with land stewardship and organic farming and  helped establish our Farmers Market.
You have fed us and cheered us along the way.
Your years of dedication to preserving and advancing our agricultural heritage is most appreciated.

During this time of food insecurity, your efforts have been especially important.

In gratitude,
Sara

> [...]
> It’s now time for a break in the action and  maybe sleeping in a little longer on Saturday mornings.  But I will miss it.  I always enjoyed seeing the market when it was all set up a couple hours later, with the produce artfully arranged on tables.  We are lucky in our town to have agricultural land preserved and farmers who can continue to provide good food to our local population.  Please continue to support them and their hard work in whatever ways possible.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Ari Kurtz
> Lindentree Farm

Re: [LincolnTalk] Lincoln Farmers Market this summer

Sasha Golden
Agreed!

Question: other communities have committees overseeing and managing their farmers markets. It's this the case in Lincoln?