[LincolnTalk] Lincoln Conservation Commission looking to recruit new members in the coming months

[LincolnTalk] Lincoln Conservation Commission looking to recruit new members in the coming months

Buell, Lawrence

Dear neighbors,

If you think you might be interested, please read the message below and follow through as the spirit moves.  If you’d like to know more about the responsibilities and/or time commitment, contact Conservation Director Tom Gumbart or Conservation Assistant Jennifer Curtin (see below) or any of the current commissioners listed on the town website.

Sincerely,

Larry Buell

60 Tower Road

(Conservation Commissioner)

The Conservation Commission is looking for two new commissioners to fill vacancies.

The Commission meets every third week on Wednesdays from 7:00 - 10:30.  Our job is to approve or deny permits within our jurisdictional area under the guidelines of the State Wetlands Act and our own Town Bylaw.  In addition we maintain 80 miles of trails in town and steward 200 acres of agricultural land.

Commissioners are also expected to participate on related town boards or committees as representatives from Con Com.

If you are interested please fill out the volunteer form (found on the town's website) and send to Peggy Elder in the Selects office.  Appointments are made by the Selects

The best way to find out what the commission does is to attend one of our meetings.  Our next meetings are on Wednesdayat 7:00 on November 20 and Wednesday December 18 in the Town Offices Bldg.  For more information please contact Tom Gumbart  or Jennifer Curtin in the Conservation Department office (2612) or any commissioner.

https://ssl.gstatic.com/ui/v1/icons/mail/images/cleardot.gif