[LincolnTalk] Let us know by Monday

Susan Taylor
What are your hopes for learners in Lincoln schools? What skills, traits, and knowledge will our students need in order to thrive in and transform the 21st century? Here’s a quick way to let us know!

Please respond by Monday January 13 to this quick survey:

Think about the purpose of school. Consider the current and future challenges and needs in our country and the world. Can we create a "Portrait of a Learner" to ground our curriculum and assessments as we refine what and how we teach and how we determine if we are being successful as a district? Add your thoughts!

Re: [LincolnTalk] Let us know by Monday

Susan Taylor
Wonderful! We are thrilled to receive such thoughtful responses! Please pass on the word. It takes a village!

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 13, 2020, at 8:28 AM, Alice DeNormandie <[hidden email]> wrote:

Good morning
I responded to your survey but neglected to add one comment. For our children to gain skills and become well informed citizens we need teachers who can model and teach concepts in creative ways. So teacher training is a critical component of educating our children.
Thanks
Alice

On Jan 9, 2020, at 12:52 PM, Susan Taylor <[hidden email]> wrote:

What are your hopes for learners in Lincoln schools? What skills, traits, and knowledge will our students need in order to thrive in and transform the 21st century? Here’s a quick way to let us know!

Please respond by Monday January 13 to this quick survey:

Think about the purpose of school. Consider the current and future challenges and needs in our country and the world. Can we create a "Portrait of a Learner" to ground our curriculum and assessments as we refine what and how we teach and how we determine if we are being successful as a district? Add your thoughts!

Re: [LincolnTalk] Let us know by Monday

Dennis Liu

Susan, very interesting survey.  Best of luck with the implementation.

FWIW, I shared this with some friends a few years back, and would like to submit these thoughts for consideration.

>The five things I hope my kids learn in school, if nothing else:

1. The Scientific Method.

2. Post hoc ergo propter hoc.

3. The law of unintended consequences.

4. Human beings respond to incentives.

5. TANSTAAFL!

>The first two are closely related, as are the last three.

Vty,

--Dennis