[LincolnTalk] Leaking Water Meter

Margo Fisher-Martin
Hi,

Our water meter is leaking a lot and we had to turn of our water. Does anyone know if the town is responsible for the meters? We cannot reach the water department as they do not answer the phone.  Does anyone have a recommendation for a good emergency plumbing service if necessary?
Thank you very much.
Cookie Martin

Re: [LincolnTalk] Leaking Water Meter

Mark Singh-Hurrie
Hi Margo –

We are new residence to Lincoln and are experiencing the same issue.

Would you be willing to please forward any good information you received from your message and or any plumber recommendations. Thank you

On Wed, Dec 30, 2020 at 8:42 AM Margo Fisher-Martin <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

Our water meter is leaking a lot and we had to turn of our water. Does anyone know if the town is responsible for the meters? We cannot reach the water department as they do not answer the phone.  Does anyone have a recommendation for a good emergency plumbing service if necessary?
Thank you very much.
Cookie Martin

Re: [LincolnTalk] Leaking Water Meter

Ruth Ann Hendrickson
Call the water department. Select the emergency option. The emergency operator will be able to connect you to the on-call person of the day, who will be able to help you.

http://www.lincolntown.org/219/Water-Department

Ruth Ann Hendrickson
Water Commissioner

On Jan 16, 2021, at 9:27 AM, Mark Singh-Hurrie <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Margo –

We are new residence to Lincoln and are experiencing the same issue.

Would you be willing to please forward any good information you received from your message and or any plumber recommendations. Thank you

On Wed, Dec 30, 2020 at 8:42 AM Margo Fisher-Martin <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

Our water meter is leaking a lot and we had to turn of our water. Does anyone know if the town is responsible for the meters? We cannot reach the water department as they do not answer the phone.  Does anyone have a recommendation for a good emergency plumbing service if necessary?
Thank you very much.
Cookie Martin

Re: [LincolnTalk] Leaking Water Meter

Call the Water Department.
Recent posts by them say they have an Emergency line and full-time coverage to address this.

I have copied the Chair of the WB.
She has been the source of much useful information.

Good luck!
Sars

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 16, 2021, at 9:27 AM, Mark Singh-Hurrie <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Margo –

We are new residence to Lincoln and are experiencing the same issue.

Would you be willing to please forward any good information you received from your message and or any plumber recommendations. Thank you

On Wed, Dec 30, 2020 at 8:42 AM Margo Fisher-Martin <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

Our water meter is leaking a lot and we had to turn of our water. Does anyone know if the town is responsible for the meters? We cannot reach the water department as they do not answer the phone.  Does anyone have a recommendation for a good emergency plumbing service if necessary?
Thank you very much.
Cookie Martin

Re: [LincolnTalk] Leaking Water Meter

prspktv
hi mark,
please see quote below from an earlier message. hope this helps.
-murat arslan

The Water Department has a system in place to serve you if you have need for immediate help. We do not have enough staff to personally answer the phone 24 hours a day, but we do have personnel who are assigned to be "on call". If you have a leaking water meter or some other water leak that needs immediate attention, do not hesitate to call the water department at781-259-2669 and select choice #1, Emergency. This will allow you to contact the "on call" person who can arrange for quick resolution of your problem.

Ruth Ann Hendrickson
for the Water Commissioners