[LincolnTalk] Joint Statement Regarding Political Signs

[LincolnTalk] Joint Statement Regarding Political Signs

Glass, Jennifer

Dear Fellow Residents of Lincoln:

We, the leaders of the Lincoln Democratic and Republican town committees and members of the Board of Selectmen, celebrate public discourse and the exchange of ideas, and we condemn vandalism of political signs.

Over the past several months, candidate signs on people’s private property and in public spaces have been removed or destroyed.  These signs have represented residents’ views along the political spectrum.  While we understand the fervor of the election season, we ask you to join us in honoring and respecting our individual rights as citizens to express our political beliefs.

As a reminder, political signs may only be placed on private property with the permission of the owner, and on public property in the following locations:  the 5 corners (intersection of Lincoln Road and Sandy Pond Road); the intersection of Lincoln Road and Rt. 117; the intersection of Codman Road and Rt. 126; the intersection of Ballfield Road and Lincoln Road; and the intersection of Bedford Road and Morningside Lane.

Respectfully,

Jennifer Glass, for the Board of Selectmen

Stephen Binder, for the Lincoln Republican Town Committee

Joan Kimball, for the Lincoln Democratic Town Committee

Barbara Slayter, for the Lincoln Democratic Town Committee

Re: [LincolnTalk] Joint Statement Regarding Political Signs

samattes
Could I respectfully request  that the signs at the 5 corners be placed behind the granite markers (in the ground) to ensure visibility.
It is getting a little treacherous out there!
Sara