[LincolnTalk] In need of Bee Buster!

Sarah
A swarm of bees seems to have taken up residence in a toy kitchen beside my sandbox... Any brilliant ideas flying about out there as to whom I might call to bust my bees? Thank you!
Sarah Bishop

Re: [LincolnTalk] In need of Bee Buster!

Rich Rosenbaum
If they are swarming I believe they should move on a day or a few when they find a new place to live. I had a swarm parked in a tree near my back door many years ago. Very impressive if a bit scary. They eventually moved on.

But I'll leave to the resident apiarists to be more definitive.

On Fri, Jul 31, 2020 at 5:36 PM Sarah <[hidden email]> wrote:
A swarm of bees seems to have taken up residence in a toy kitchen beside my sandbox... Any brilliant ideas flying about out there as to whom I might call to bust my bees? Thank you!
Sarah Bishop

Re: [LincolnTalk] In need of Bee Buster!

Daniela Caride
Sarah,

There are tons of beehives swarming this year for some reason. No one knows exactly why bees swarm, and this year is a particularly "swarmy" one. From what I gather they have actually set themselves inside a compartment, correct? They are not in a branch, right? Are you sure it is a bee colony? Are there thousands of bees together? Or just a few? I am sorry if you are experiences with bees and my question is silly.

A local beekeeper should be interested in taking your hive home. If you don't hear from any Lincoln beekeepers, let me know, and I may be able to get a beekeeper in Groton to go catch it.
_______

Daniela Caride

The information in this email is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you believe I sent you this email in error, please contact me and properly dispose of the email. Thank you!