[LincolnTalk] House hunting

urchinz

When we were looking to buy a house 26 years ago we wondered if there was ever an affordable property in Lincoln. We were lucky and bought one. Now our daughter who grew up here is looking to buy a house and we ask the question once again. She works in Cambridge and is looking for an affordable house within a 30 minute commute. It seems impossible.
🤨
Carol

Re: [LincolnTalk] House hunting

Stephanie Smoot
Consider Arlington or Waltham. My commute into Boston from lincoln, was about 1.5 hours with public transportation door to door.

On Sunday, July 5, 2020, Carol Ryan <[hidden email]> wrote:

When we were looking to buy a house 26 years ago we wondered if there was ever an affordable property in Lincoln. We were lucky and bought one. Now our daughter who grew up here is looking to buy a house and we ask the question once again. She works in Cambridge and is looking for an affordable house within a 30 minute commute. It seems impossible.
🤨
Carol

Stephanie Smoot

857 368-9175  work
781 941-6842  personal cell
617 595-5217 work cell
126 Chestnut Circle
Lincoln, MA 01773

Please note we no longer have a landline!

Re: [LincolnTalk] House hunting

urchinz
So far no luck in:
Medford
Malden
Arlington
Watertown
Waltham

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 5, 2020, at 3:11 PM, Stephanie Smoot <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Sasha Golden
Carol --- moderate-income housing for sale in the Boston area is scarce. Your daughter should expect to buy a condo. There happens to be an available unit at Battle Farm Road that came on the market last week for $283,100.  https://www.massaccesshousingregistry.org/unit-type/battle-road-farm-two-bedrooms

Before she goes too much farther, I suggest she contact MassHousing, which offers a number of mortgage programs for first-time homebuyers on a moderate income. There's not much point in looking unless she has a firm grasp on what she can afford to borrow.

On Sun, Jul 5, 2020 at 3:40 PM Carol Ryan <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Anne Warner
What constitutes “affordable”?

- Sent from iPhone. Typed by thumb. Excuse misspellings!

On Jul 5, 2020, at 3:40 PM, Carol Ryan <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

This is a regulatory term, and is tied to one's income in comparison to the median income for a given area.

Happy to send links later.