[LincolnTalk] Halloween Update

Glass, Jennifer

Greetings Trick-or-Treaters and Those Who Care For Them!

We know that this is the time of year when Halloween excitement and anticipation are at their peak!  Unfortunately, this year it is combined with the uncertainty of COVID and the necessity to maintain public health protocols.  At this time, Lincoln will continue the tradition of Trick-or-Treating on Halloween night, Saturday, October 31st – but we are asking the community to adhere to protocols that have been issued by the Commonwealth (https://www.mass.gov/news/halloween-during-covid-19 [mass.gov]).

If proper precautions are taken, we can give our children a much needed chance to be children and to do so safely.  Please take the time to familiarize yourselves and your children with the State’s guidelines, which include:

For Children & Families:

  • Trick-or-Treat in small groups
  • Maintain social distancing as per guidelines and do not crowd doorways
  • Wear masks (costume masks are not a substitute!)

For Those Passing out Candy:

  • Consider “one-way” Trick-or-Treating – leave treats on trays (not bowls) on porches/front stairs
  • If you greet people at the door, wear a mask and social distance
  • Pre-wrapped treats ONLY – no homemade goodies or items wrapped at home
  • Indoor parties are discouraged and maximum gathering sizes must be maintained

Have fun and let’s stay safe!

On behalf of the Lincoln Board of Health and Public Health Nurse