[LincolnTalk] Giving to local families

CathyO
I apologize for a email that may be repetitive.
My family and I have decided we would like to provide for a family during the holiday season

Could anyone point  me to a local organization that is looking to support local families during the holiday season.

We would like to do so in the memory of my mother Mary OBrien who was very active in the Lincoln Community
We would encourage anyone to give in her memory as well

Thanks in advance

Cathy OBrien

Re: [LincolnTalk] Giving to local families

samattes
Hi Cathy,
What a lovely thought.
The Lincoln Food Pantry has growing need.
I urge all to consider and extra gift to them.
I will certainly make one in Mary’s memory.
She served us all, and left many happy memories for me and my children !
Sara Mattes

Sent from my iPad

> On Nov 18, 2020, at 6:21 AM, Cathy O'Brien <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I apologize for a email that may be repetitive.
> My family and I have decided we would like to provide for a family during the holiday season
>
> Could anyone point  me to a local organization that is looking to support local families during Cathy the holiday season.
>
> We would like to do so in memory of my mother Mary OBrien who was very active in the Lincoln Community
> We would encourage anyone to give in her memory as well
>

> Thanks in advance
>
> Cathy OBrien

Re: [LincolnTalk] Giving to local families

Ken Hurd-2
Hello Cathy,
If you have not already heard about this from others, you can make a difference through the First Parish's upcoming drive to help families in need.  Below is a brief description, but you can learn more if you go to:

Information: Mary Gaylord, [hidden email].

Thanksgiving Dinner Drive for Solutions at Work
Saturday, November 21st, between 1-3pm
Once again this year, Solutions At Work (SAW) has invited FPL to help them with their Thanksgiving outreach to families facing the challenges of poverty. Last November donations from FPL members made it possible for us to fill 30 reusable grocery bags with fixings to accompany turkeys donated by an area grocery. With 30 more bags donated by another church, we helped SAW bring Thanksgiving plenty to 60 families – hundreds of folks!

I hope this helps.

Ken Hurd

Lifting the Human Spirit by Design
781-259-3300
781-259-8900 cell

“In a world in which you can be anything, choose to be kind."

On Nov 18, 2020, at 6:35 AM, Sara Mattes <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Bernadette and Mark

Hi Cathy,

St Joseph/St Julia's every year (thru the St. Vincent de Paul Society) during this time of year hosts a "Christmas Giving Tree".  Where we pick a child/adult in need of a gift.  This year there are over 300 names.  Traditionally this was thru the tri-community parishes of Dorchester but given this year's chain of events the names on our tree includes Lincoln, Weston, and Hanscom Airforce individuals.

If this is something you and your family might be interested in.  Also, there is a food pantry located at the back of St. Joseph's House in Lincoln.  If you would like more information on that you can contact Karen Boyce here in Lincoln.  Karen is the chairperson for the food pantry and will be able to help you with all of questions.

Be well and Happy Thanksgiving,
Bernadette Quirk