[LincolnTalk] Fwd: Protecting Our Environment and Public Health

[LincolnTalk] Fwd: Protecting Our Environment and Public Health

samattes
A newsletter from our Congresswoman on her efforts for protection of environmental and public health.
Sara

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Congresswoman Katherine Clark" <[hidden email]>
Subject: Protecting Our Environment and Public Health
Date: January 14, 2020 at 3:14:32 PM EST

Hello Friend,

I wanted to update you on recent progress we’ve made in Congress to protect our environment and American families.

Last week, the House passed the PFAS Action Act (H.R. 535), legislation that will regulate the use of Per- and Polyfluoroalkyl Substances (PFAS), clean up contaminated sites, and limit human exposure to PFAS by instituting new drinking water standards. I proudly joined my Democratic colleagues in voting for this bill to ensure that every American has access to clean water.

PFAS have been linked to cancer and other serious health problems like infertility and impaired child development, and they have been confirmed in the water of more than 1,400 communities across the United States, including nearly 300 military installations, one of which is Hanscom Air Force Base in the 5th District of Massachusetts.

While the Trump White House has rolled back a historic number of environmental regulations, including its recent proposal to gut the National Environment Policy Act (NEPA), this is one of many bills that the House has passed to proactively protect the environment and mitigate the effects of climate change. We have a moral duty to fight for a safer, cleaner and greener world, and I am committed to doing everything possible to strengthen the nation's environmental protections.

Please know that I will continue to fight for our environmental safety and work to ensure that every American has access to clean drinking water. Also, you can stay up to date on my work for the 5th District by following me on Facebook, Twitter, and my official website.

Sincerely,

Katherine Clark
Member of Congress (MA-05)

Re: [LincolnTalk] Fwd: Protecting Our Environment and Public Health

Staci Montori
It is concerning to hear about PFAS contamination at Hanscom. Does anyone
have more information  to share? I missed previous details on LT I think.
Thanks, Staci

--
Sent from: http://lincoln.2330058.n4.nabble.com/