[LincolnTalk] Fwd: On taking care of each other from the Quakers ❤

[LincolnTalk] Fwd: On taking care of each other from the Quakers ❤

Joan Kimball

I too am careful outside and appreciate everyone who has a mask ready-to-wear when we pass on the paths.

A Quaker friend (Friend) send me this.

May we all be safe
Joan

“When you go out and see the empty streets, the empty stadiums, the

empty train platforms, maybe don’t say to yourself, “It looks like the

end of the world.”

What you’re seeing is love in action. What you’re seeing in that negative space, is how much we do care for each other,

for our grandparents, for our immuno-compromised brothers and sisters,

for those most at risk, for people we will never meet.

Some of us will lose jobs over this. Some of us have.

Some of us will lose businesses. Some of us have.

Some of us will lose our lives.

Some of us have.

All the more reason to take a moment, when you’re out on your walk, or on your way to the store, when you rise in the

morning, as you serve your neighbor, or just as you’re watching the

news, to look into the emptiness and marvel at all of that love.

 Let that absence fill you with Presence, and let that Presence sustain

you.

Maybe this isn’t the end of the world.

  It just might be the most

remarkable act of global solidarity we may ever witness.

With our

living, may we allow it to be so.