[LincolnTalk] Fwd: MAY 18 & 19 - 150 voices of The Mystic Chorale presents THE FIDDLE SINGS!

[LincolnTalk] Fwd: MAY 18 & 19 - 150 voices of The Mystic Chorale presents THE FIDDLE SINGS!

Annamaria San Antonio-2

Mystic Chorale presents THE FIDDLE SINGS!

Exuberantly Unique 150 Mystic Chorale singers celebrate the joy of making music in THE FIDDLE SINGS at Cary Hall in Lexington on May 18 & 19.

 Directed by Nick Page, Mystic will sing a range of songs exploring Swing, Klezmer, Bluegrass, Blues, Dixieland, and Baroque music along with pieces from Eastern Europe and South Africa. The program opens with the jubilance of Cat Stevens’ If You Want to Sing Out, Sing Out and includes a version of J. S. Bach’s Jesu, Joy Of Man’s Desiring, with words of peace by Pete Seeger ; Yidl Mit'n Fidl; the Serbian folksong Niska Banja; the upbeat Spiritual Little David, Play on Your Harp: and James Taylor’s New Hymn.

We’re thrilled to feature three guests this season: master fiddler and singer/songwriter, Joyce Andersen, who Nick Page says, “performs with an angel on one shoulder and a demon on the other… wickedly joyful!”; fabulous clarinetist, Billy Novick; and the always amazing Jonathan Singleton on piano and leading the band.

Come experience what the Mystic Chorale does best… singing from the heart, singing as community, making the world a better place, one song at a time!

WE STILL NEED A FEW VOLUNTEERS FOR CONCERTS

We still need a few volunteers for our upcoming concerts. Maybe a friend or family member (teens included) would like free admission to the concert in exchange for ushering or one of our other front of house positions. Email [hidden email] to sign up.

When: May 18 7:30-9:30 and May 19 3:30-5:30

Where: Cary Hall, 1605 Mass. Ave, Lexington

Tickets: $20 general admission (free for children 10 and under), available at https://mysticchorale.org

Check out this YouTube to get a sense of what’s to come! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRifp2qH0ss

__._,_.