[LincolnTalk] From the GearTicks: Monthly STEMtastic Challenge

[LincolnTalk] From the GearTicks: Monthly STEMtastic Challenge

Rakesh Karmacharya
Hello and Happy Holidays!

We are the GearTicks, the Lincoln high school robotics team.

We are excited to be continuing our monthly STEMtastic Challenges with the Lincoln Public Library!

This month’s theme is Marble Runs. We challenge you to build a marble run out of household items. This is a great activity for kids and families of all ages and abilities. We’ve outlined a few suggestions on our website but feel free to adapt it to your interests! Books and websites about gravity and basic physics are available on the Lincoln Library website.

Holiday break is coming up, and as you are spending more time with your family, we encourage you to work together to learn about STEM and create something fun!

For information about our December Challenge visit: www.gearticks.com/december

For more information about Marble Runs and the science behind them visit the Library’s website: https://lincolnpl.org/events/kids-programs

Feel free to reach out with any questions! Our email address is [hidden email] and our instagram is @6055gearticks

~The GearTicks

[LincolnTalk] From the GearTicks: January STEMtastic Challenge

Rakesh Karmacharya

Hello!

We are the GearTicks, the Lincoln high school robotics team.

We are excited to be continuing our monthly STEMtastic Challenges with the Lincoln Public Library!

There is still time to participate in the January Challenge.

This month’s theme is Recyclable Vehicles. We challenge your family to craft a tinfoil boat, a paper airplane, or a cereal box car! You can also test to see how much weight it can hold, how far it flies or how fast it moves. If you are looking for an extra challenge, you can build a rubber band powered boat or car or design a completely different vehicle!

Once you complete the challenge you can submit your vehicle to [hidden email] by January 31.

Books and websites about vehicles are available on the Lincoln Library website: https://lincolnpl.org/events/kids-programs

For information about our January Challenge visit: www.gearticks.com/january