[LincolnTalk] Estate Vendor?

Burch-Mudry Realty Team

We have a number of estate-type, down-sizing  items to move along, antique furniture and beds, lamps, etc.. Any suggestions for a company that will collect and sell off-site?

Thank you.

Marilyn Mudry

Direct response: [hidden email]

Re: [LincolnTalk] Estate Vendor?

Lincoln mailing list

Hi Marilyn,

Try Meg at A New Leaf Consignment.

She will ask you to send her an email with photos, and then she can decide which items are market worthy.

Her phone is 978.337.2232.

Good luck.

Lyn

Re: [LincolnTalk] Estate Vendor?

Caitlin Hogue
Hi Marilyn,

Try Clean Out Your House in Waltham: http://cleanoutyourhouse.com/ or call (781) 996-0968. They do a lot of work in Lincoln and bonus -- Lauren, who will help you, lives in Lincoln!

Best,
Katy

On Wed, Jan 8, 2020 at 11:50 AM Lyn Spaeth via Lincoln <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Marilyn,

Try Meg at A New Leaf Consignment.

She will ask you to send her an email with photos, and then she can decide which items are market worthy.

Her phone is 978.337.2232.

Good luck.

Lyn

Re: [LincolnTalk] Estate Vendor?

Anne Warner
Do any of these vendors actually come take the stuff and then sell it? I think that was the gist of the initial request- and what we may be looking for. Anne Warner

- Sent from iPhone. Typed by thumb. Excuse misspellings!

On Jan 8, 2020, at 12:20 PM, Caitlin Hogue <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Marilyn,

Try Clean Out Your House in Waltham: http://cleanoutyourhouse.com/ or call (781) 996-0968. They do a lot of work in Lincoln and bonus -- Lauren, who will help you, lives in Lincoln!

Best,
Katy

On Wed, Jan 8, 2020 at 11:50 AM Lyn Spaeth via Lincoln <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Marilyn,

Try Meg at A New Leaf Consignment.

She will ask you to send her an email with photos, and then she can decide which items are market worthy.

Her phone is 978.337.2232.

Good luck.

Lyn

Re: [LincolnTalk] Estate Vendor?

djcp0219
If you think items may be of some value, Skinners has a great reputation.
https://www.skinnerinc.com/selling/online-appraisal/

--
Sent from: http://lincoln.2330058.n4.nabble.com/

Re: [LincolnTalk] Estate Vendor?

Scott Clary
Not sure if already mentioned - Lincoln's Doug Stinson is a wealth of honest knowledge. He and his family have a long-standing history in estate, antique, and fine art appraising and liquidation. If anything of value, he will let you know.

781-259-3200

Kind Regards,

Scott Clary
617-968-5769

Real estate with Integrity since 1987 - more than 600 properties sold

Sent from a mobile device - please excuse typos and errors

On Mon, Jan 13, 2020, 8:11 PM djcp0219 <[hidden email]> wrote:
If you think items may be of some value, Skinners has a great reputation.
https://www.skinnerinc.com/selling/online-appraisal/

--
Sent from: http://lincoln.2330058.n4.nabble.com/

Re: [LincolnTalk] Estate Vendor?

kathryn Corbin
All, I can tell you that Skinner’s is terrific, having headed their paintings department back in the day. That said, and having liquidated and advised several family members dealing with estates, the calculation always boils down to the value, ie.market the property. Auction houses tend to pick and choose what they can sell but work with local liquidators to clear estates of items not deemed auction-worthy. That material is usually purchased at a gross rate that might seem low but considering the cost of removing, storing, and selling disparate items  that are more second hand than antique, it’s a service worth it’s weight in, well, whatever you can get!

Another thing to keep in mind is that different auction houses have their sweet spots, so if you have a valuable item of New England origin, sell it here, but if it’s not, take good photos and contact the New England reps for Christie’s, Sotheby’s Bonham’s or Doyle’s all with rooms in NYC.
Good luck,
Kathryn Corbin

Kathryn Corbin
M: 617-513-6241

Sent from my iPad
Please excuse typos, (including those generated by Spell Check, the bane of our online lives!)