[LincolnTalk] Ductless Mini Split Recommendations?

[LincolnTalk] Ductless Mini Split Recommendations?

Robert Ahlert
Hi -

Does anyone have a recommendation for an installer of ductless mini split system?

Any recommendation on the manufacturer of the system?  Mitsibushi? Bosch? Daikin? LG?

Rob

--
Robert Ahlert | 781.738.1069 | [hidden email]

Re: [LincolnTalk] Ductless Mini Split Recommendations?

Michael Kellett
Hi Rob,

We had a Mitsubishi system installed in November by Bassnet Plumbing in Littleton. https://www.basnettplumbing.com/

They did a great job. We chose them after our neighbors had a system installed and gave us favorable reviews.

We replaced an old heat pump system that could not keep up in cold weather. I did a lot of research and chose a Mitsubishi system because it seems to have the best performance in cold weather. So far, this system has done fine, even on the coldest days. It is supposed to provide heat down to -13 degrees F.

Michael

********************
Michael Kellett (978) 618-8752 [hidden email]

On Dec 6, 2020, at 11:01 AM, Robert Ahlert <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi -

Does anyone have a recommendation for an installer of ductless mini split system?

Any recommendation on the manufacturer of the system?  Mitsibushi? Bosch? Daikin? LG?

Rob

--
Robert Ahlert | 781.738.1069 | [hidden email]

Re: [LincolnTalk] Ductless Mini Split Recommendations?

Michael Kellett
Hi Rob,

John Frechette was the person from Basnett who we dealt with. He was knowledgable and did a great job, as did the whole crew.

Only a minority of contractors seem to be interested or capable of installing Mitsubishi systems, which are a lot different from traditional HVAC systems. We asked 4 contractors for quotes:

Basnett Plumbing Heating & AC
Littleton
https://www.basnettplumbing.com/

Total Comfort Mechanical
Burlington
https://www.totalcomfortmech.com/

128 Plumbing, Heating, Cooling
Wakefield
https://www.128plumbing.com/

N.E.T.R., Inc. Heating and Cooling Systems
North Andover
https://www.netrinc.com/

Other than Basnett, though only one ended up following through: Total Comfort Mechanical in Burlington. https://www.totalcomfortmech.com/ The others ended up declining, I think because of the disruption of Covid-19.

TCM seemed very competent and professional, and we almost went with them. However, their quote was higher and they were hesitant to apply for the higher Mass Save rebate because they thought it would be rejected because we were replacing an old, much less efficient heat pump with a new one. (If you are replacing an oil or gas system there should be no problem.)

John Frechette at Basnett said he thought the rebate would be accepted and said he would apply for it. As it turns out, our neighbor with an almost identical town home who replaced an almost identical system did get that rebate a couple of months ago. We have not gotten ours yet, but it seems likely that we will.

We decided on Mitsubishi because their “Hyper Heat” system provides heat down to -13 degrees F. Here is a brochure on the system that we got. https://www.totalcomfortmech.com/hubfs/Mitsubishi/MXZ_H2i_May2015Update_15981.pdf So far, it has had no problem even when it has gone down to single digits. The outdoor compressor is super quiet and the indoor units are also quiet and allow for us to distribute heat between five zones as we need it.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,
Michael

On Dec 18, 2020, at 8:10 AM, Robert Ahlert <[hidden email]> wrote:

Super - thanks Michael.  I have a meeting with John Frechette from Basnett next week.

Did you get multiple quotes? Was their's the best for the Mitsubishi?

Rob