[LincolnTalk] Donations for La Colaborativa

[LincolnTalk] Donations for La Colaborativa

brianna doo
Last Friday I read online about a food pantry , La Colaborativa, in Chelsea, that has been serving over 8,000 people a week during covid, which lost its government funding, due to cuts, at the end of 2020. For many of these families, the weekly two 20- pound boxes they were receiving was their only source of food.  La Colaborativa (https://www.la-colaborativa.org) serves Latinx refugees and resides in a town with one of the highest infection rates in the state.

I have spoken with the director and have asked how I can support their efforts. They are in desperate need of food including Rice, Beans, Pasta, tomato sauce, dry cereal, Maseca (instant corn masa flour) tuna cans, (FRUIT and VEGETABLES and MEAT are also in high demand, but I am will plan to use any donation money to purchase those, since it is not practical to put produce and meat in a donation spot). Here’s what you can do…… If you would like to help provide food for this hard hit community, add items to your weekly shopping list and drop them off. I have a bin labeled on our front porch for donations to be added, so feel free to drop off at any time. Our address is 7 Reiling Pond Road. A friend who organized the initiative is picking physical donations up on a weekly basis, and is using monetary donations to purchase perishables for weekly donations. Last week she was able to purchase 144 servings of chicken for a family of four, 200 pounds of oranges, potatoes, onions and 20 loaves of bread.

Monetary Donations to Chelsea Food Pantry For Produce and Meat

Paypal [hidden email]

Apple Pay 617 290 2355

Venmo @Michelle-Swaim-4

Or if you'd rather donate directly through the website: https://secure.actblue.com/donate/la-colaborativa-food

If you have any questions, feel free to email me directly. Thank you so much!

Brianna

(La Colaborativa is a registered 501(c)3 organization with tax identification number 22-2906521).

135268660_7257444204330425_6900683502500549081_n.jpg