[LincolnTalk] Dog adoption

Lincoln mailing list
Hi all

We lost our golden retriever over a year ago and have been mentally and emotionally not ready to adopt again. She was a rescue and a trained therapy dog and the sweetest thing ever.

We now find ourselves home and ready to bring a new family member into our lives. However, all rescue/adoption places appear to be closed (for legitimate reasons). Does anyone know of any opportunities to adopt family friendly breeds right now? We do prefer to go the route of a rescue than a breeder if possible.

Thanks!

Norana Caivano

image0.jpeg (86K) Download Attachment

Re: [LincolnTalk] Dog adoption

Daniela Caride
Hi Norana,

Many shelters are still open by appointment. They are moving lots of dogs into foster and therefore the low availability. They want to make sure they will be able to foster dogs for people who are hospitalized.

Their websites should show their new procedures. There are several nearby that you can check online and see if they are still open by appointment: MSPCA Boston, Sterling, Baypath, (Northeast Animal Shelter is closed), Lowell Humane Society, Nevins Farm in Methuen, etc.

You could also contact a golden retriever rescue. A quick search showed these:

image.png

On Wed, Mar 25, 2020 at 7:51 PM Norana Caivano via Lincoln <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all

We lost our golden retriever over a year ago and have been mentally and emotionally not ready to adopt again. She was a rescue and a trained therapy dog and the sweetest thing ever.

We now find ourselves home and ready to bring a new family member into our lives. However, all rescue/adoption places appear to be closed (for legitimate reasons). Does anyone know of any opportunities to adopt family friendly breeds right now? We do prefer to go the route of a rescue than a breeder if possible.

Thanks!

Norana Caivano

Sent from my iPhone--