[LincolnTalk] Does 50 - 75 lbs of green produce need to go to waste daily?

[LincolnTalk] Does 50 - 75 lbs of green produce need to go to waste daily?

K.P. Nichols
Dear Lincoln,

I shopped Donelan's so often over Christmas that talking to its friendly Produce Manager just happened.

Farms in Acton take all Acton-Donelan's excess produce.

Our discussion took place over a trash bin into which spinach and lettuce were being thrown, along side their plastic packaging.
No recycling.

The nice produce manager said he would be glad to separate green produce from plastic packaging so our Codman Farm animals could chomp and chew, just as he does now for Lincoln's Therapy Rabbits.

It takes a village,
Kathleen

Re: [LincolnTalk] Does 50 - 75 lbs of green produce need to go to waste daily?

Anne Warner
Fantastic! Great work Kathleen! Wonder if we could get Mothers Out Front to collect this marvelous source of compost and add it to their treasure trove....

- Sent from iPhone. Typed by thumb. Excuse misspellings!

On Jan 10, 2020, at 9:08 AM, K.P. Nichols <[hidden email]> wrote:

Dear Lincoln,

I shopped Donelan's so often over Christmas that talking to its friendly Produce Manager just happened.

Farms in Acton take all Acton-Donelan's excess produce.

Our discussion took place over a trash bin into which spinach and lettuce were being thrown, along side their plastic packaging.
No recycling.

The nice produce manager said he would be glad to separate green produce from plastic packaging so our Codman Farm animals could chomp and chew, just as he does now for Lincoln's Therapy Rabbits.

It takes a village,
Kathleen

Re: [LincolnTalk] Does 50 - 75 lbs of green produce need to go to waste daily?

samattes
Done, but let’s get onboard by getting out of those cars, electric or not.
Let’s try to  reduce single car trips- bundle errands, try for a day a week without using the car, carpool to school, better yet, use mass transit ( aka school bus) carpool to wherever, walk, bike...any and all  efforts to reduce #of cars on the road in Lincoln and beyond .
Huzzah!

Sent from my iPad