[LincolnTalk] Dentist

Susan Winship-2

Does anyone have experience- good or bad- going to Tufts Dental or any  teaching medical/dental school for dental work?  I need a crown and really don't want to pay $2000.

Ideas?

Susan

Re: [LincolnTalk] Dentist

Bijoy Misra
I go to Harvard Dental Faculty Practice.  They also have a student practice which could be cheaper.
They are in Longwood Ave in Boston Medical Area.  Parking $17.
You can call them to check 6174321434.  I go to Dr Shaeffer, a retired Air Force dentist now with MGH.

On Tue, Aug 13, 2019 at 12:43 PM susan winship <[hidden email]> wrote:

Does anyone have experience- good or bad- going to Tufts Dental or any  teaching medical/dental school for dental work?  I need a crown and really don't want to pay $2000.

Ideas?

Susan

Re: [LincolnTalk] Dentist

Barbara Low
I got a crown a few years ago at Tufts Dental for about $700. The care is excellent. The only issue is that appointments take a long time because the work of the students is monitored and signed off on by professors. We have been going for years and are very happy there.

Appointments are scheduled at 9:00, 1:00 and 4:30 and sometimes take the full three hours but not always.

An added bonus is Chinatown is close and is the market that sells frozen dumplings.

Barbara

Does anyone have experience- good or bad- going to Tufts Dental or any  teaching medical/dental school for dental work?  I need a crown and really don't want to pay $2000.

Ideas?

Susan

Re: [LincolnTalk] Dentist

Andrew Payne

On Tufts dental:

I got a crown a few years ago at Tufts Dental for about $700. The care is excellent. The only issue is that appointments take a long time because the work of the students is monitored and signed off on by professors. We have been going for years and are very happy there.

One additional detail:  there are two completely different practices at Tufts Dental:  (a) the student/teaching clinic and the (b) "faculty practice" (which is on a different floor).

I can't comment on the teaching clinic, but the faculty practice is where the professors have a private practice.  https://dental.tufts.edu/patient-care/faculty-practice    I had a great experience at the faculty practice for a moderately complicated issue years ago.

An added bonus is Chinatown is close and is the market that sells frozen dumplings.

Can confirm!

-andy