[LincolnTalk] Continuing the discussion Offline

[LincolnTalk] Continuing the discussion Offline

sharon antia
Anyone interested in pursuing some of these issues in a friendly face to face forum, please join some of our fireside chats which happen to be dedicated to these very issues this year.

December 22, 10 - 11:30 AM,  Healing Our Divisions
“Them: Why We Hate Each Other—and How to Heal,”  by Ben Sasse is the
genesis for this month's FireSide Chat. Why is there so much anger in
our country and do our everyday actions and decisions feed into this?
New school vs remodel, apartment complex in this neighborhood or that,
do we love our neighbors even when we have differing opinions?  Join
us from 10 - 11:30 AM on Saturday December 22 or 15 in the Community
Room at Lincoln Woods, 50 Wells Rd.

Saturday January 26, 100 - 11:30 AM

What will it take to engage a more diverse group of people in the governance of Lincoln?

Please join us on Saturday January 26 from 10 – 11:30 AM in the Community Room at Lincoln Woods, 50 Wells Rd.  And remember to park in unmarked spaces.

This Year's Past FSC
November 17, 10 - 11:30 AM, Safe and Welcoming Community.
 Now that we as a town have voted in favor of this initiative what does it mean?  How are we currently honoring this charge and how can we improve?  Please, anyone who has
been made to feel Safe and Welcome and anyone who has not, join us for
this our first FireSide Chat of the season.

<As a result of this meeting in November, a couple of us are starting a  ‘new thinking about this idea committee’, or sorts.  We want to initiate an effort to get LW and the Commons and Ryan Estates and the churches and Battle Road Farm, LSF, COA, Lincoln Dems and Reps etc together.  We hope to meet sometime in the next couple weeks to start strategizing how to do it.  Encourage reps from different ‘groups’ to invite each other over for coffee or lunch or a tour of their property or what-have-you.  An effort to build some bridges.  I think this is a splendid outcome, now to get some motion on it…>

Please note the new day and time, Saturdays, 10 – 11:30 AM.