[LincolnTalk] Clothing Drive!

Margit Griffith

Dear LincolnTalkers;

First Parish in Lincoln’s high school youth group is collecting items for The Common Cathedral to share with people who are homeless in Boston. Items may be used in good condition (no rips or stains) or new. Socks must be new. Here is the list…

  • Men’s underwear (in all sizes)
  • Coats
  • Socks (must be new)
  • Sweatshirts/Sweaters
  • Pants
  • Hats/gloves
  • Hand warmers
  • Blankets/sleeping bags
  • Big bags / backpacks / suitcases

*We are asking that the clothes be Men’s since we see 80% men and even the women prefer men’s clothing due to its functional nature.  Larger sizes always appreciated (and hard to come by). Note the need for luggage.

We will also be putting together care-kits of toiletries. If you can/like, please purchase some travel size toothpaste/toothbrush, deodorant, shaving cream/razors, bar soap to help create the kits (see picture).

Please be as generous as possible. The need is extreme.

Donations may be dropped off between now and January 19th at First Parish in Lincoln’s Parish House at 14 Bedford Road (across from Bemis Hall). There is a blue bin on the front portico which will be checked daily.

Thank You,

Margit

Margit Griffith, M.Ed.

Director of Religious Education

First Parish in Lincoln

781-259-8118 x12

(pronouns: she/her/hers)

Generally, I am in the office:
Sun 8-1; Tue 9-4; Wed 9-4; Thu 9-4; Fri 11-4

Oportet nos quaerere ut inveniam.

HomelessKit.jpg (214K) Download Attachment