[LincolnTalk] Climate Change Documentary at St. Anne's 1/28/20 at 6:30 pm

[LincolnTalk] Climate Change Documentary at St. Anne's 1/28/20 at 6:30 pm

Lincoln mailing list
Please join us for a free screening of the 2019 documentary film, “Necessity: Oil, Water and Climate Resistance.”

Date:        Tuesday, January 28, 2020
Time:        6:30 light supper,
                 7:00 film,
                 8:15 video discussion link with Jan Haaken, film maker
Location:  St. Anne’s Episcopal Church
                 147 Concord Road, Lincoln

You may have noticed that peaceful civil disobedience to protect the Earth's climate is on the rise.  Whether it is Jane Fonda getting arrest in Washington, DC or New England activists stopping and blockading coal trains in Massachusetts, more people in the climate movement are taking direct action to fight climate change.

Grounded in people and places at the heart of the climate crisis, "Necessity" traces the fight in Minnesota against the expansion of pipelines carrying toxic tar sands oil through North America. The story unfolds in a setting where indigenous activists and non-indigenous allies make use of the necessity defense in making a moral case for acts of civil disobedience. Many of these activists were part of the Standing Rock resistance in North Dakota and carry into this site of struggle their knowledge of resistance strategies, as well as their experiences of loss and trauma.

See the trailer at this link: https://www.necessitythemovie.com/

This is the fifth season of our Climate Justice Film Series.  Our monthly films have become a space for community building among local climate and environmental justice activists. We will serve a complimentary vegetarian soup and bread supper at 6:30 prior to the film.

For more information please contact Alex Chatfield, [hidden email], 781-697-0140.

[LincolnTalk] See the Film: "Necessity" at St. Anne's 1/28/20 at 6:30 pm