[LincolnTalk] Car inspections not suspended

[LincolnTalk] Car inspections not suspended

Leslie Turek
My car is due for inspection this month, so I asked the DMV if there was any plan to extend inspection deadlines due to the pandemic. I thought I'd share the response with everyone. Unfortunately, it doesn't help me.
Leslie Turek

Unfortunately, there is no extension. Customers over the age of 75, or those who are at high risk for COVID-19, may have concerns about getting their vehicles inspected.  Because of this, the RMV is asking law enforcement to use their discretion and to not cite customers who fall into these groups for having an expired inspection sticker.

This policy covers all types of inspection stickers (passenger, commercial, and motorcycle) and all stickers that expire throughout the duration of the State of Emergency. Any further questions, contact the Vehicle Safety and Compliance Services Department at 857-368-7310.

Re: [LincolnTalk] Car inspections not suspended

samattes
Try the Shell station in Weston, on 117, across from Dairy Joy.
Or, the Mobile station in Concord, across from Dunkin Donuts and Starbucks.

You should be able to socially distance and/or drop off.
If you are concerned about surfaces after, take a can of Lysol and some wipes.

Good luck.

On Jan 11, 2021, at 3:21 PM, Leslie Turek <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Yes, that's my plan. I will pick a warm day and bring a chair so I can wait outside. And bring wipes. And I have the exact payment in an envelope I can easily hand over.

I just thought I'd ask because they did suspend inspections during the first surge, which wasn't even as bad as the current one.

I'm not crazy about that Mobile station in Concord because once they overcharged me (in my opinion) for giving me a jump start when my car was a block away from their station. But I've been to the other place you mentioned.

Leslie

Leslie