[LincolnTalk] Appliances for local non profit organization

[LincolnTalk] Appliances for local non profit organization

Evelyn Jones Yamauchi
Are there any LOCAL Non profit organizations in need of an older but decent kitchen appliances: jenn air stovetop, jenn air dual convection oven, kitchen aid side by side refrigerator.

Preferably someone who can pick up today. This morning or early afternoon. Need burly men to move and a large truck. Everything has been disconnected as of last night.

I’ve posted it on FB marketplace and have had 6,000 views and about 60 requests in less than a day. After giving it some thought...Rather than selling it, I think I’m more interested in donating it to a local non profit organization.

I’m not interested in donating it to someone who is going to resell as I’ve already received 7 offers for $1500 as a bundle that could’ve picked up today. I will need proof of non profit status and a tax deductible receipt.

Thanks!

Please reach out to me ASAP

Evelyn

Here’s my original ad with description:

Selling cooktop, dual convection oven and kitchen aid fridge - all three together to minimize foot traffic.

Make an offer for the bundle. Bundle price starts at $1,200.

I’ve personally used these appliance only the last six months but when your husband decides to upgrade cooktop to an induction you say ok... and when he decides that the working dual oven and fridge needs upgrading  too, you nod and agree because someday you’ll need him to agree with you on your crafting room or a pool. So there you go.

Jenn Air 6-burner cooktop with griddle (natural gas) but never used the griddle. We disconnected it last week.

Jenn Air Dual convection ovens- made pork chops last night. To be disconnected today (I’m guessing this is electric???) 30” across front

Kitchenaid side by side refrigerator- functions like it should. To be disconnected today. 48” across front; front panel ready for customization

All in working condition. Age unknown. Prefers Pick up today.

As-is condition.

Offering to those in need for personal use.

Cash only. You will need a hand truck and some burly men to help you move them or give you encouragement. They’re really heavy

Re: [LincolnTalk] Appliances for local non profit organization

Evelyn Jones Yamauchi
Thank you to everyone who reached out with suggestions. It was very much appreciated.

I am thrilled that Black Seed Farmers has reached out to me.  They'll be able to use all the kitchen appliances in their new location to cook for recent immigrants and refugees. So all appliances have been loaded and delivered.

It's a non profit organization that connects community members of diverse backgrounds and local farmers some of whom are recent immigrants and refugees.

Currently due to the pandemic, they have created the Ujima Food Pantry to support International Students in Worcester who lost their on-campus jobs when the colleges shut down.

Never would have known of such a great organization if they hadn't reached out! Here's a volunteer opportunity for anyone interested.

Have a great weekend!

Evelyn