[LincolnTalk] Advanced (or old-fashioned) car repair

[LincolnTalk] Advanced (or old-fashioned) car repair

John F. Carr
I'm looking for somebody to fabricate and install a part for my car.
I don't need a "great mechanic."  I have a good one.  I need somebody
more specific.

My 17 year old car has a leak in a tube in the steering rack.  The
rack is no longer made and it's not designed for repair, only
replacement.  I figure somebody out there has the skills and equipment
to cut out the leaking tube and make and install a new one.  Could be
a mechanic with a machine shop, could be some guy with a great garage,
could be a vocational school.    But it's not me and it's not my
regular mechanic.

Any leads?

John Carr