[LincolnTalk] A note of gratitude

Bijoy Misra
Dear friends,

Good morning

I came to Lincoln in 2004 from Cambridge to avoid commuting to work.  I had
my fascination to woods and solitude, but I did not fully know that Lincoln would
help me explore my childhood and help me reflect on the sense of loss being
ported away from one's birth neighborhood.  Old age possibly catalyzes embellishment
of the youth and the grandchildren enliven nostalgia.  I thought of retelling the story
of India as I saw with a view from the distant land.

The difference with India compared to the other areas in the world has been its continuity
and its respect of retaining traces of the old as modernity envelopes.  The old body gets
wrapped in new clothes.  I started my studies in 2010 with travels and through library work.  Knowledge of old languages like Sanskrit helped to go into original material.  I did not involve
the University though many in the Faculty encouraged the efforts.  Carolyn Buttom
of Council of Aging arranged several talks through Lincoln Academy to help share my
views in a public forum.  We continued our efforts through public seminars in Bemis
Hall to present our research in whatever coherent way we could.  Barbara Low of
the Hall management blessed our efforts.  Kathie Bobeck, formerly of Lincoln Library
graced our meetings with her constant presence occasionally accompanied by
other friends like Cynthia Ritsher whom I met.  Many other townspeople including our
neighbors Emily Lovering and Graham Walker shared thoughts and cheered us up
in this exploration.

Through this note I wish to express my gratitude to all.  We are taking our story to
the Faceboook to reach out to the larger world community.  My article on Science
and Technology five thousand years ago appeared last night.  The page will be updated
every week for till we reach India's Independence in 1947.  There will be six articles
per period and there would be seven periods.  We are finishing the first. The page
address is
You may visit and offer feedback.

Best regards,
Happy Thanksgiving.
Stay safe.

Bijoy Misra

Re: [LincolnTalk] A note of gratitude

Annamaria San Antonio-2
Dear Bijoy,

Thank you for writing this wonderful testimony to your experiences in Lincoln. We are so much more enriched by your presence in the community.
India is Mother to all of us - and may we be aware and open enough to know her as such.

~Jai Kaur Annamaria San Antonio LCMT

Synergy ~ Massage+Yoga+Ayurveda

Achieving Wellness through Body/Mind/Spirit Synergy

144 Lincoln Rd. Lincoln, MA 01773

C: 781.738.1920

[hidden email]