[LincolnTalk] 68 is just too many!

Dan Paul
I just opened my email to find 68 emails from Lincoln Talk. The interesting thing is that at least 90% of them are from the same 5 or 6 people!
Please! Can we get off our soap boxes and stop posting every single thought that runs through our minds? (You know who you are.)
Maybe the “gang of 5 or 6” can set up their own back channel and chit-chat to their hearts content?
But 68 just today is ridiculous...and will certainly drive away those who may have something of importance to say but need hip boots to say it.
Thank you!

Re: [LincolnTalk] 68 is just too many!

melinda bruno-smith
Like!

Sent from my iPhone
Melinda Bruno-Smith

> On Dec 5, 2018, at 9:18 PM, Dan Paul <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I just opened my email to find 68 emails from Lincoln Talk. The interesting thing is that at least 90% of them are from the same 5 or 6 people!
> Please! Can we get off our soap boxes and stop posting every single thought that runs through our minds? (You know who you are.)
> Maybe the “gang of 5 or 6” can set up their own back channel and chit-chat to their hearts content?
> But 68 just today is ridiculous...and will certainly drive away those who may have something of importance to say but need hip boots to say it.
> Thank you!

Re: [LincolnTalk] 68 is just too many!

Claire Mount
TRUE   IT WOULD BE GOOD TO HAVE THIS HAPPEN

On Wed, Dec 5, 2018 at 9:21 PM melinda bruno-smith <[hidden email]> wrote:
Like!

Sent from my iPhone
Melinda Bruno-Smith

> On Dec 5, 2018, at 9:18 PM, Dan Paul <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I just opened my email to find 68 emails from Lincoln Talk. The interesting thing is that at least 90% of them are from the same 5 or 6 people!
> Please! Can we get off our soap boxes and stop posting every single thought that runs through our minds? (You know who you are.)
> Maybe the “gang of 5 or 6” can set up their own back channel and chit-chat to their hearts content?
> But 68 just today is ridiculous...and will certainly drive away those who may have something of importance to say but need hip boots to say it.
> Thank you!

Re: [LincolnTalk] 68 is just too many!

Mea culpa
Guilty as charged.
Just delete everytime you see my email/name pop up1

> On Dec 5, 2018, at 9:18 PM, Dan Paul <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I just opened my email to find 68 emails from Lincoln Talk. The interesting thing is that at least 90% of them are from the same 5 or 6 people!
> Please! Can we get off our soap boxes and stop posting every single thought that runs through our minds? (You know who you are.)
> Maybe the “gang of 5 or 6” can set up their own back channel and chit-chat to their hearts content?
> But 68 just today is ridiculous...and will certainly drive away those who may have something of importance to say but need hip boots to say it.
> Thank you!

Re: [LincolnTalk] 68 is just too many!

Allen Vander Meulen III
My 8 year old son suggested all those interested in that topic gather at The Twisted Tree Cafe for coffee and an offline chat.

...I’ll be happy to buy the first round of coffees for them.

-Allen Vander Meulen

Sent from my iPhone

> On Dec 5, 2018, at 21:18, Dan Paul <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I just opened my email to find 68 emails from Lincoln Talk. The interesting thing is that at least 90% of them are from the same 5 or 6 people!
> Please! Can we get off our soap boxes and stop posting every single thought that runs through our minds? (You know who you are.)
> Maybe the “gang of 5 or 6” can set up their own back channel and chit-chat to their hearts content?
> But 68 just today is ridiculous...and will certainly drive away those who may have something of importance to say but need hip boots to say it.
> Thank you!

Re: [LincolnTalk] 68 is just too many!

Lincoln mailing list
I do believe your son will feel differently when he gets his first Lincoln tax bill:-)

Vin

Sent from my iPhone, so please excuse any spelling, or syntax errors.

On Dec 5, 2018, at 11:01 PM, Pastor Allen <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Lido Bigelow
I quite like all of the emails and appreciate when I see a post from an unfamiliar name.

My emails come in as a conversation so if someone doesn’t change the thread I can see all emails related to that subject line. If I’m not interested I delete the entire email thread.

You can also search by sender and delete those.

Thought this might be helpful to those who don’t want to read all of the emails.

Katie
One kind word can change someone's day!

> On Dec 5, 2018, at 9:18 PM, Dan Paul <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I just opened my email to find 68 emails from Lincoln Talk. The interesting thing is that at least 90% of them are from the same 5 or 6 people!
> Please! Can we get off our soap boxes and stop posting every single thought that runs through our minds? (You know who you are.)
> Maybe the “gang of 5 or 6” can set up their own back channel and chit-chat to their hearts content?
> But 68 just today is ridiculous...and will certainly drive away those who may have something of importance to say but need hip boots to say it.
> Thank you!

Re: [LincolnTalk] 68 is just too many!

Tamika Mayes
I wished my email worked that way. I find all the emails especially about the school vote to be extremely annoying. That is why Lincoln has town meetings, converse and debate there. Lincoln is very fortunate to have town meetings, this is coming from someone who came here two years ago from the city. I opposed the new school building since I am highly disappointed with my son's education since we have been here. A new building is not going to change that or how disorganized this is all going to be once it plays out. Where are the kids going to be placed during the upgrades? However I kept my sentiments to myself, not annoy everyone with emails.

On Thu, Dec 6, 2018, 9:36 AM Lido Bigelow <[hidden email] wrote:
I quite like all of the emails and appreciate when I see a post from an unfamiliar name.

My emails come in as a conversation so if someone doesn’t change the thread I can see all emails related to that subject line. If I’m not interested I delete the entire email thread.

You can also search by sender and delete those.

Thought this might be helpful to those who don’t want to read all of the emails.

Katie
One kind word can change someone's day!

> On Dec 5, 2018, at 9:18 PM, Dan Paul <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I just opened my email to find 68 emails from Lincoln Talk. The interesting thing is that at least 90% of them are from the same 5 or 6 people!
> Please! Can we get off our soap boxes and stop posting every single thought that runs through our minds? (You know who you are.)
> Maybe the “gang of 5 or 6” can set up their own back channel and chit-chat to their hearts content?
> But 68 just today is ridiculous...and will certainly drive away those who may have something of importance to say but need hip boots to say it.
> Thank you!

Re: [LincolnTalk] 68 is just too many!

sharon antia
Tamika, I hope you have been to some of the meetings to express your
concerns.  Yours is the reason I voted against the school proposal in
2012, because I was unhappy with the education my children were
receiving and, as you said, no building improvements will change that.
Your voice in town Tamika, believe it or not, is critically important
and I hope you find a way to provide input in the process as it goes
forward, there really are a lot of good and highly talented people
working on this.  You and I may not be happy about putting all these
resources into the building itself but at this point that is a sunk
cause and you could help inform what happens going forward.

Peace,
-ska